• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with route, 429 or 535?

CindyT

Mouseketeer
We will be pulling a 32 ft. camper to FW and want to avoid I-4. We are not sure which highway would be best coming from the north. Are the signs clear on 535, or should we take 429 to Western Way and have to drive back up to FW? Specifically, we are concerned about where to turn from 535 onto WDW property, our maps are unclear and none of them have the Western Way exit from 429. Any help would sure be appreciated. Thanks.

429 is probably your best bet. The entrance from 535 is not marked at all since it is not really a guest entrance, if you miss it you will end up at the hotel plaza at DTD. To get into the campground from 535 you have to make a pretty tight right turn into the check in lane. Take 429 and just follow the signs. If you want to try 535 try it on your way home, exit the campground, turn left and stay on that road until you get to the end(it goes through the Buena Vist Const. Co) then turn left onto 535. 535 does become a 2 lane road for a short bit but you should not have any trouble getting to the Trnpk.

I also think 429 would be a little faster-----from the tpk 429 is signed to Tampa----the Western Way exit is clearly marked---or if you want a grocery stop go a little to 192 and there is a Publix right there--

Paul

The last two trips to FW we took 535 as the 192 still has too much traffic for me. Vista Blvd. is the road directly to FW and there is no gate checkin to deal with except at FW. I pull a 5th wheel 30' with a crew cab and the turn in into FW is not that hard, I always wait for the traffic to thin out when making turns, and the traffic on 535 is lite. I use Microsoft Streets and Tips and 535 is on these maps.

becky1960 said:
The last two trips to FW we took 535 as the 192 still has too much traffic for me. Vista Blvd. is the road directly to FW and there is no gate checkin to deal with except at FW. I pull a 5th wheel 30' with a crew cab and the turn in into FW is not that hard, I always wait for the traffic to thin out when making turns, and the traffic on 535 is lite. I use Microsoft Streets and Tips and 535 is on these maps.

Becky, if I am understanding correctly, there is now an entrance off of 429 into WDW, before you get to 192.

Maybe I misunderstood some previous posts, I thought the new Western Way led to 192 which go's into Disney.

Western Way leads from 429 to just past Coronado Springs Resort----the 192 exit is further south on 429-----its a neat road past the tree farm and the backstage of AK--we took it out this past June

Paul

becky1960 said:
Maybe I misunderstood some previous posts, I thought the new Western Way led to 192 which go's into Disney.

It did for a short while when they were still working on the direct exit into Disney. We took it then. But now the direct exit is finished and I can't wait to be able to take it next time. This way is so much better than I-4!!

Paul in TX said:
Western Way leads from 429 to just past Coronado Springs Resort----the 192 exit is further south on 429-----its a neat road past the tree farm and the backstage of AK--we took it out this past June

Paul

OOO...now I am more anxious than ever to give this route a try! Thanks, Paul.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter