Help with resort choices

Tinkermom76

Gawrsh
I usually travel just me and my 2 girls, but this year I am thinking of bringing my boyfriend and his son
That will make it 2 adults and my 2 girls 11 & 9 plus his on who will be almost 4

I am debating between staying at POR (stayed there last year and absolutely loved it) or getting 2 rooms at a value (my DD11 wants music)

Families of 5 please let me know what you have done and what worked best

Thanks

Go for AoA family suites. I stayed in the Cars section in November and the rooms are amazing, plus will give you and your boyfriend your own room with enough space in main room (has 2 beds) and two full baths with a kitchenette. It would definitely be my choice.

As for a value, I would stay at POP over ASMU unless you were booking the family suite there. Hope this helps.

I love por, staying there this Sept. but i think with a young family of 5 i would go with two rooms. the extra space and bathroom would be well worth it. the suites AoA or cabins at fw are an other option to consider.

When vacationing with children, never underestimate the value of a bedroom door to separate the adults from the kids at night. Everyone wins.

I usually travel just me and my 2 girls, but this year I am thinking of bringing my boyfriend and his son
That will make it 2 adults and my 2 girls 11 & 9 plus his on who will be almost 4

I am debating between staying at POR (stayed there last year and absolutely loved it) or getting 2 rooms at a value (my DD11 wants music)

Families of 5 please let me know what you have done and what worked best

Thanks

love love love french quarter! the thing with connecting rooms is that it's not a gaurentee. keep that in mind when booking. we requested some last time i stayed and while we had rooms next to each other they were NOT connected. you might want to look at the AoA suites. it would save you money on two rooms and you could take the queen room put the girls in the double bed and his son can get the sleeper sofa. not to mention it would give you the most SPACE!! :thumbsup2

I think we have decided on 2 rooms at ASMu well my 11 year old has since she's obsessed with music. I think we will like the extra space and extra bathroom! Room with connecting doors is guaranteed when you have children that would be in one room alone and the adults in the other room

I would go with two rooms. Worth it just for the bathrooms if nothing else.

If it were me I would go for a suite @ AOA too. I believe they have 2 bathrooms ? I think the separate bedroom for you and BF would be great. As far as I know connecting rooms are not always available and I believe you will have to list yourself on one room and BF on the other room. Rather than risk not getting the connecting rooms I'd go with the suite.

I believe ASMU has Family Suites which are a bit cheaper but not as big as the ones in AOA

I don't know how the sleeping arrangements would go down, but two rooms seems best to me. Each child could, potentially, have their own bed. The pull out/down style beds at AoA, looked small to me.

I don't know how the sleeping arrangements would go down, but two rooms seems best to me. Each child could, potentially, have their own bed. The pull out/down style beds at AoA, looked small to me.

I agree. My girls could each have a bed in one room and then the other room would be DBF and his son. Most likely him sleeping with his son who hates to go to sleep by himself

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter