Help with Planning, I think I am overdoing it :-)

DisneyShaw

Earning My Ears
OK, so we sat down to finalize our daily itineraries last night (we are leaving for WDW tomorrow afternoon) and I think we are totally overscheduling ourselves. We (me, dh, dd1(6) and dd2(4) will only be able to be in the parks for 3 days and we were planning to do all four parks. After going through the detailed schedule I am not sure the girls will make it through all the transfers and not loose it at some point, so my husband pointed out that we could just skip one park (at this time thinking AK) and hit that next time, and then just spend a day each in the other parks.
Now the problem with that with the way we have set up the character meals, the only day we could go to MK is Friday but they have the MNSShp that night so that would be a very short day for MK which will be their favorite park. So we could go there during the day and then stay for the Halloween party and then just do Epcot (got to go for the princess breakfast) and HS the next days.
So, do you Disney veterans think that doing 4 parks in 3 days with small children is crazy? Does it make sense to do MK in the morning and then go back for the Halloween party?
Help.
TIA

OK, so we sat down to finalize our daily itineraries last night (we are leaving for WDW tomorrow afternoon) and I think we are totally overscheduling ourselves. We (me, dh, dd1(6) and dd2(4) will only be able to be in the parks for 3 days and we were planning to do all four parks. After going through the detailed schedule I am not sure the girls will make it through all the transfers and not loose it at some point, so my husband pointed out that we could just skip one park (at this time thinking AK) and hit that next time, and then just spend a day each in the other parks.
Now the problem with that with the way we have set up the character meals, the only day we could go to MK is Friday but they have the MNSShp that night so that would be a very short day for MK which will be their favorite park. So we could go there during the day and then stay for the Halloween party and then just do Epcot (got to go for the princess breakfast) and HS the next days.
So, do you Disney veterans think that doing 4 parks in 3 days with small children is crazy? Does it make sense to do MK in the morning and then go back for the Halloween party?
Help.
TIA

My personal opinion is this.........Yes, doing multiple parks in one day with a small child it rough. That's JUST MY OPINION. I'm here RIGHT NOW with a 2 year old and frankly I think rushing only takes away from him.

I would do MNSSHP to get more time in the park. I know it's more money but you dont go to WDW everyday and there's no reason over a one time spike in spending to not be able to spend more time in the parks, which is what you are going to be here for in the firs tplace.

Skip AK, we would if we had to miss a park. Also, do go to the party because you're right, it will give you more time in their favorite park.

I also would add MNSSHP to such a short trip.

Just make sure you have a really good nap time on that day!:yay:

With small children it becomes tough. Just take it as it goes and have a backup plan when it becomes necessary. :goodvibes

Thanks for your responses, I am starting lean that way as well. I feel bad about skipping Animal Kingdom though but I guess that is a good excuse to go back soon.:cool1:

I would skip AK and add the party. I think that MNSSHP is the best party Disney has. There are also a lot of characters around and the show is fun. The parade is awesome as well. Have a great time!

You dont have to go to the park the morning of the party. I've had friends save money and just go at 4pm for the party. They would relax and swim that morning. Just know you will be able to walk on most rides that night!!

I would actually split AK and DHS, AK is a very nice and relaxing park and there is a lot to see for kids, do it in the morning, go back relax and head to DHS. It is tough to do all 4 parks with little kids, but I would not kick AK off your plans.

Ok, one more :rolleyes1 So we were planning on going to MK first thing (since this is our first day at WDW) and go see the princesses and fairies. If we go back for MNSSHP are these characters there for that as well and would it make more sense to do the character meeting then vs in the morning?

Just back with a 5 & 3 yr old and I had everything planned but knew we might have to take it easy with the kids and that is what happened. Either we started early depending on character meals and came back to the hotel for a break and swim or we went later like the day of MNSSHP.

We are just going again to do what we missed don't do commando many people here have seen the miserable kids and them not having a good time.

I agree with skipping AK this time. I would go to MK early and then leave early enough to nap and relax before the party that night. I would also take breaks on my Epcot and DHS days.

If you decide to go to AK, I would consider doing so on my Epcot morning. Go for a bit, leave to nap and hit Epcot in the late afternoon. Just a thought.

Ok, one more :rolleyes1 So we were planning on going to MK first thing (since this is our first day at WDW) and go see the princesses and fairies. If we go back for MNSSHP are these characters there for that as well and would it make more sense to do the character meeting then vs in the morning?

If seeing the Princesses is important I would try to see them during park time. The characters are out and there are a lot of them. There are lines though. I would go in the morning, head straight to the Fairies and the Princesses. Go back and rest in the afternoon and then head back for the party.

I am here now and did AK yesterday with MNSSHP last night. We were very disappointed that the Boneyard is closed this week at AK. That is something I wish I had known before we got there since the only child in our party is 4. We walked on to EVERYTHING last night including Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter