• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with my SoCal itinerary

debbiedana

DIS Veteran
Me, DH, DD13 and her BFF13 are headed to SoCal from June 29-July 5. I need a little itinerary help. This is what I have so far, and it's mostly done:

Sat - arrive LAX 3:30, pick up car and get to hotel in Fountain Valley. Dinner with a friend of DH's that lives in the area.

Sun-?

Mon-Disneyland

Tue - Huntington Beach

Wed- CA Science Ctr, Hollywood, Griffith Observatory

Thu- Another beach and Angels game (this is the only thing etched in stone because I already bought tickets for the game)

Fri - just breakfast, packing, last swim, and leave hotel by noon for 3pm return flight home.

We're still deciding what to do on Sunday. DH is a grumpy old man and I can't get him to add another day for DCA. We're pretty open to ideas. We're not willing to drive more than an hour and a half for the day, so we can get as far as about San Diego.

We're considering a day at Sea World. That would require a little movement in our schedule, I don't want to do theme parks two days in a row. San Diego Zoo is on the radar, as well as other things in San Diego for the day.

We thought about Catalina Island but ruled against it due to cost, even with a discount it's about $250 for the four of us to go there for 6 hours. We shot down Universal Studios too.

We have been to both San Diego and Orange County/LA before, we've done Wild Animal Park, a studio tour, Legoland, museums in San Diego, etc.

Will Monday be the best day for us to do Disneyland? I picked it because there's no EMH there that day.

Thanks for the input!

Me, DH, DD13 and her BFF13 are headed to SoCal from June 29-July 5. I need a little itinerary help. This is what I have so far, and it's mostly done:

Sat - arrive LAX 3:30, pick up car and get to hotel in Fountain Valley. Dinner with a friend of DH's that lives in the area.

Sun-?

Mon-Disneyland

Tue - Huntington Beach

Wed- CA Science Ctr, Hollywood, Griffith Observatory

Thu- Another beach and Angels game (this is the only thing etched in stone because I already bought tickets for the game)

Fri - just breakfast, packing, last swim, and leave hotel by noon for 3pm return flight home.

We're still deciding what to do on Sunday. DH is a grumpy old man and I can't get him to add another day for DCA. We're pretty open to ideas. We're not willing to drive more than an hour and a half for the day, so we can get as far as about San Diego.

We're considering a day at Sea World. That would require a little movement in our schedule, I don't want to do theme parks two days in a row. San Diego Zoo is on the radar, as well as other things in San Diego for the day.

We thought about Catalina Island but ruled against it due to cost, even with a discount it's about $250 for the four of us to go there for 6 hours. We shot down Universal Studios too.

We have been to both San Diego and Orange County/LA before, we've done Wild Animal Park, a studio tour, Legoland, museums in San Diego, etc.

Will Monday be the best day for us to do Disneyland? I picked it because there's no EMH there that day.

Thanks for the input!
We're looking for similar guidance so I'll share some insight with you.

One thing for us is we're looking to stay local on the weekends to minimize traffic entanglements. I do think Monday is a good day to do DL because as you said it makes sense to avoid a day with early entry.

We're also considering San Diego because I'm hearing rave review of Seaworld so we might check that out.

We also have Luguana Beach on our list.

Just a couple of ideas.... we considered pacific park in Santa Monica but decided not to get the go LA card... so that's one suggestion. I also saw Belmont Park in the San Diego area. They are both discounted on costco.com if you or a friend/family member is a member here is the link: http://m.costco.com/theme-parks.html

Also were trying the Warner Bros studio tour this year. If not interested in a tour Hollywood has a lot to offer as far as sights & museums go like the hollywood walk of fame etc. Enjoy your vacation :)

Yes, Sea World is awesome. The whole family enjoyed it last time we went to San Diego. If you go, there is a discount code SWCTACOBELL2013 that will bring down your adult ticket price to $64 each.

We did the Warner Brother tour our last trip and it was SO COOL, I think the highlight of the trip. We were especially excited they had Harry Potter props and costumes in their museum stop. I had to be dragged out!

DH should find something else to do while you do the second day at DCA. For my father, that would have been golf. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter