Help with My Disney Experience

tfiga

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask in but I desperately need help with the app. My family has two reservations, mine and my husband and my 18 yr old sons room. As I was paying for packages I linked the two reservations. When we were able to book dining I booked a couple of our meals together. Our issue is now he can't book any of his fast passes. It won't let me unlink his reservation as we have dining booked together. Has anyone else ran into this and how did you resolve? We also would like him to be able to order food as well.

TIA

Sorry if this is the wrong forum to ask in but I desperately need help with the app. My family has two reservations, mine and my husband and my 18 yr old sons room. As I was paying for packages I linked the two reservations. When we were able to book dining I booked a couple of our meals together. Our issue is now he can't book any of his fast passes. It won't let me unlink his reservation as we have dining booked together. Has anyone else ran into this and how did you resolve? We also would like him to be able to order food as well.

TIA
You need to link his MDX account to yours and you can book FPs for everyone. Be sure to Select “Share all plans” when linking.

Or, just add him and your son to your Family list in your MDX.

For future trips, reservations don’t need to be linked to book dining. Any person can book dining - they don’t need to be an onsite guest or even a park guest - dining is available to all.

You need to link his MDX account to yours and you can book FPs for everyone. Be sure to Select “Share all plans” when linking.

Or, just add him and your son to your Family list in your MDX.

For future trips, reservations don’t need to be linked to book dining. Any person can book dining - they don’t need to be an onsite guest or even a park guest - dining is available to all.

How do I link? I tried to send a request via the portal and it told me he already exists and if I create another account he will have problems at the front gate? Sorry for all the questions this is my 1st time using the app.

If it won’t work, just give them a call. I had to call yesterday about a weird issue with linking people to the wrong rooms and they got it fixed very quickly.

If you open the app, click on your icon at the bottom of the screen and then go to 'my account' which appears right under your name. Then scroll over to the 'family and friends list' and scroll to the bottom and click on 'add a guest.' You'll have to enter the information exactly how it appears on their MDX account otherwise it won't work.

Definitely call if you can't work it out easily on your own! I was experimenting with FP+ for our October trip and ran into a roadblock. I tried a few different things but nothing really worked. Disney was able to figure out the issue and resolve it in less than 5 minutes.

How do I link? I tried to send a request via the portal and it told me he already exists and if I create another account he will have problems at the front gate? Sorry for all the questions this is my 1st time using the app.
Because both packages are linked to your MDX, just adding the names into your Family listing is the easiest thing to do. His tickets are already in your MDX - you don’t need his account for anything.

My advice - call. They are very good and it seems they realize the app isn't as straightforward as one would think. There are MANY threads on here regarding a variety of issues and the common answer is "call them".

It really seems it was designed for one person doing all the planning / updates etc. I know I messed up big time adding my account and then inviting people already invited to my son's account. It took a call to get it worked out - and after that I decided not to do anything in the app except view.

I have a similar question as this is my first time booking two rooms for our family of four.

I have two confirmation #s. One is for me and DH. The second is for DD20 and DD18. I currently have a MDX account that I am the lead and my family list includes DH, DD20 and DD18.

Does DD20 need to create a MDX account to link the second Conf# OR can I put both Conf#s in my MDX account? And if DD20 needs to create her own MDX acct, do I need to first remove her and DD18 from my family list? I don't want to add the confirmations until I know HOW they should be added to avoid any MDX issues, if possible. And Lord knows I don't want it to cause an issue for the frenzy that is FP scheduling day!

I have a similar question as this is my first time booking two rooms for our family of four.

I have two confirmation #s. One is for me and DH. The second is for DD20 and DD18. I currently have a MDX account that I am the lead and my family list includes DH, DD20 and DD18.

Does DD20 need to create a MDX account to link the second Conf# OR can I put both Conf#s in my MDX account? And if DD20 needs to create her own MDX acct, do I need to first remove her and DD18 from my family list? I don't want to add the confirmations until I know HOW they should be added to avoid any MDX issues, if possible. And Lord knows I don't want it to cause an issue for the frenzy that is FP scheduling day!
Add both Confirmations to your MDX account. You do not need a 2nd account.

Similar situation but different question. I have two rooms book at POP for May. DH and myself in one room. DD22, DD26 and SIL in the other one. We are only going to be at Disney for three days and only do 2 parks. My husband and I are going to Animal Kingdom on one day and Magic Kingdom the other. We are letting our daughters and SIL to pick whatever two parks they want to go and will get tickets. For fast pass purposes, what would be the best thing to do? Have them each create their own MDX account? Second question, if by chance they want to do the same two parks on the same two days as with us, would it be more difficult to obtain fass passes for 5 people than for 2? Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter