help with my animal kingdom day

horse11

DIS Veteran
If we arrived at RD and went straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris would we also have time to fit in Pangani Forest Trail, Tree of Life, and It's a Bugs Life by 11:00am?
If not do you think we would be able to do the 3:00pm Finding Nemo Show (40minute show) and fit in Kali River Rapids as a FP+ option and make it it Rainforest Cafe by 4:30pm? I am attepting to fit each area in without back tracking.

If they have extra magic hours that day then you should be ok. We always do RD and hit the safari first, then the trail. We don't spend a lot of time at AK but over the years we have done almost everything there. The one thing about the Nemo show that we found is they load the theater and you sit for about half an hour before the show starts so figure that time in. Maybe we just were early but it wasn't fun sitting on a wooden Bench for that long!! It really will all depend on how busy and extra magic or not. But have a great time and enjoy your trip!!! Hope this helps some....

If they have extra magic hours that day then you should be ok. We always do RD and hit the safari first, then the trail. We don't spend a lot of time at AK but over the years we have done almost everything there. The one thing about the Nemo show that we found is they load the theater and you sit for about half an hour before the show starts so figure that time in. Maybe we just were early but it wasn't fun sitting on a wooden Bench for that long!! It really will all depend on how busy and extra magic or not. But have a great time and enjoy your trip!!! Hope this helps some....

I know we will be going when the park opens at 9:00am (no magic hours). Wow if that half hour is added to the 40 minute show I would have to say that would be all we would have time for. I will have to rethink this. I sure hope we can get all the morning stuff in by 11:00 then we can do a quick lunch head to Kali River Rapids as a FP+ and then catch the 1:00pm Finding Nemo Show. Could that work?

I would say yes, definitely. Besides the safari you are moving at your own pace. A person could poke along and spend hours or walk through, see everything and move on. We probably spent 10-15 minutes walking through the trail because we are " cool...it's a gorilla"...(picture...move on) people while other people might hang out and watch and look in every glass display box and read every card and poster. It's up to you. We've been to the zoo a lot and just like to see the animals.

I would say yes, definitely. Besides the safari you are moving at your own pace. A person could poke along and spend hours or walk through, see everything and move on. We probably spent 10-15 minutes walking through the trail because we are " cool...it's a gorilla"...(picture...move on) people while other people might hang out and watch and look in every glass display box and read every card and poster. It's up to you. We've been to the zoo a lot and just like to see the animals.

GREAT!!! That will be our plan for am at AK then. For our afternoon: break for a quick lunch at FTBQ around 11:00, Kail River Rapids as FP+ 12:00, Finding Nemo as FP+ (the 1:00pm show), Dinosaur as FP+ around 3:00 with possible Primerval Whirl some where inbetween, ending up at Rainforest Cafe for our 4:30 ADR. So do you think my afternoon plan could also work? We are trying to keep AK as our more relaxed shortned day so we can go back to the resort and use the pool. Is there anything we did not add that we should have?

If you get there by RD, I think you can definately get those things done in that time. I am always suprised how much more you can get done and accomplish by getting to the park early.

EXP.Everest?

AK I think, is a at your pace park. We do the headliners then walk around the trails.

When are you going?

4:30 Rainforest cafe is tight but possible. If there was anyway to push it back to 5 I'd do it. You could probably get through the attractions but there's no telling how long to get from A to B if you get stuck behind a slow moving crowd. Kali is at the end of the park pretty much and Rainforest is at the entrance. Even with FP+ there is a bit of a queue. The ride is pretty fast though.

EXP.Everest?

AK I think, is a at your pace park. We do the headliners then walk around the trails.

When are you going?

Mid May 2014. EXP.Everest will not be a go for us. The boys will not do extreme rollercoasters. We would normally do all the headliner first thing in the am but due to having people a bit older in our group we are trying to not back track. We desided to use FP+ for some of the headliners and arranged to get to them in the afterroon since we want to do Kilimanjaro at RD. Hear it is the best time due to the animals being most active. If we follow the areas in a pattern that would get us doing the area where Kali River Rapids and Dinosaur in the afternoon hence the need for FP+

If we arrived at RD and went straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris would we also have time to fit in Pangani Forest Trail, Tree of Life, and It's a Bugs Life by 11:00am?
If not do you think we would be able to do the 3:00pm Finding Nemo Show (40minute show) and fit in Kali River Rapids as a FP+ option and make it it Rainforest Cafe by 4:30pm? I am attepting to fit each area in without back tracking.

I would say yes. We did the Safari, Forest Trail, Train to petting zoo and Kali river all by 11.

We were at AK at rope drop on Tuesday. Park opens at 8 this week and by 11 am we had ridden Everest twice, Dinosaur once, done both walking trails, rode the Safari and even had a 20-30 min traffic jam due to some rhinos, and Tough to be a bug. So hours for all of that!

4:30 Rainforest cafe is tight but possible. If there was anyway to push it back to 5 I'd do it. You could probably get through the attractions but there's no telling how long to get from A to B if you get stuck behind a slow moving crowd. Kali is at the end of the park pretty much and Rainforest is at the entrance. Even with FP+ there is a bit of a queue. The ride is pretty fast though.

I decided to move Kali to after lunch around 12ish, then Nemo at 1:00 and Dinosaur at 3:00 all as FP+. Hoping to add P whirl somewhere between Nemo and Dinosaur or after Dinosaur and then head to Rainforest. Hopefully this is more doable.

Thanks to all. I now think We have a morning plan. How about our afternoon plan? Can it work?

I decided to move Kali to after lunch around 12ish, then Nemo at 1:00 and Dinosaur at 3:00 all as FP+. Hoping to add P whirl somewhere between Nemo and Dinosaur or after Dinosaur and then head to Rainforest. Hopefully this is more doable.

That gives you a chance to dry off before dinner. It varies. Some people barely get wet while others are soaked.

I'm not sure I'd do Kali then Nemo. The theater is usually really cold and if you get wet that could be a little miserable. I'd do Safaris, Kali, then the walking trails to give yourself time to dry off if necessary (or bring a change of clothes/ponchos!)

GREAT!!! That will be our plan for am at AK then. For our afternoon: break for a quick lunch at FTBQ around 11:00, Kail River Rapids as FP+ 12:00, Finding Nemo as FP+ (the 1:00pm show), Dinosaur as FP+ around 3:00 with possible Primerval Whirl some where inbetween, ending up at Rainforest Cafe for our 4:30 ADR. So do you think my afternoon plan could also work? We are trying to keep AK as our more relaxed shortned day so we can go back to the resort and use the pool. Is there anything we did not add that we should have?

The parade. It's one of my favorite ones

Probably. Depends how fast you walk. Keep in mind that Safari isn't a short ride so even if you get there at RD, you have to walk over to the ride which isn't a short work. Assuming you get there at 9:05, 5 minute wait (best case), 20 minute ride time, it will be 9:30 when you are done. Best case. Pangani.. do you want to stroll through and spend 15 minutes at each animal exhibit or do you want a quick looksy? Usually we finish it in about 20-30. So it's now 10am. Then you have an hour for Bugs Life and TOL .. so the answer to your question is probably assuming you move at a good clip.

I would definitely say yes.
RD and straight to the safari, followed by the trail and kinda just wander through. I find AK to not really be that busy of a park, but that could just be me :goodvibes.

Have a magical trip! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure I'd do Kali then Nemo. The theater is usually really cold and if you get wet that could be a little miserable. I'd do Safaris, Kali, then the walking trails to give yourself time to dry off if necessary (or bring a change of clothes/ponchos!)

Problem is I am also trying to limit the amount of walking. I would like to try to not have to back track if possible. We have older people that will be with us. How far is Kail from the hiking trails? Worse come to worse may the ponchos would not be a bad idea.

I would try to squeeze in the "Flights of WOnder" bird show... DF and I really enjoyed it and I am sure kids enjoy it more ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter