Help with MNSSHP strategies

My Disney BFF and I are planning an all-inclusive Disney trip coming up in 2012. SO FAR AWAY, I KNOW! We're planning on Fall for the still-hot weather (from Michigan), and the Halloween decor!

Is MNSSHP worth it for 2 adults?? I love candy and miss trick-or-treating! Will we look silly in the lines? And we're totally for dressing up! Our Disney trips remind us how much we will never grow up! Not too concerned about autographs, so will one party be enough to have a great experience?? Thanks!

~DisneyNicci pirate:

My Disney BFF and I are planning an all-inclusive Disney trip coming up in 2012. SO FAR AWAY, I KNOW! We're planning on Fall for the still-hot weather (from Michigan), and the Halloween decor!

Is MNSSHP worth it for 2 adults?? I love candy and miss trick-or-treating! Will we look silly in the lines? And we're totally for dressing up! Our Disney trips remind us how much we will never grow up! Not too concerned about autographs, so will one party be enough to have a great experience?? Thanks!

~DisneyNicci pirate:

I think it's worth it, and you won't look silly. Well, no more silly than everyone else. I also think one party is enough, especially if you don't care about characters and if you arrive at 4pm.

Can I have a copy of the touring plan please!!!! :wave:

I hope I didn't cause any confusion with my post about Berlioz70's plan, sure didn't mean too. :guilty:
Just to be clear, any touring plan out there right now will be from LAST YEAR because the party hasn't started yet this year to determine where one should be when. :confused3 The most glaring issue with a plan from last year is the fact that ToonTown is gone and there were quite a few entries that included TT:sad1:. The touring plans for this year will be posted by Dis-ers after the locations of the various characters and events are known for the season. That's when the real planning goes into commando mode! LOL!!

:hmghost:

This may help... here is my personal report from the last two years:

2010 MNSSHP

2009 MNSSHP

As PP pointed out... BIG changes are going to happen this year. No more Toon Town. Mickey/Minnie and the Princesses will be at Town Square Theater.

Alice's treat trail will be gone... so Alice and Hatter will have to move.

No more Jungle veranda as that will be home to the fairies. So all those characters will have to move (or perhaps be cut).

Too far out to really plan for this year I'm afraid!

We do costumes. Last year ds wanted to be agent p so I made it out fleece for home(Canada). And out of mesh for mnsshp. He was nice and cool. Dd wanted to be willy (orca). Again I made utmost of la material. I actually was still sewing it on the plane. This year they want to be rapuzel but I can't find her size and ds wants to be Maximus. I am not that talented of a sewer. Can't wait for mnsshp

Which of the following dates do you think will be better crowd wise?

Friday September 30, 2011

Sunday October 2, 2011

What do you think of the chances of walking up to purchase a ticket on the Sunday if we go to the Friday one and decide we want to go again?

Thanks

Which of the following dates do you think will be better crowd wise?

Friday September 30, 2011

Sunday October 2, 2011

What do you think of the chances of walking up to purchase a ticket on the Sunday if we go to the Friday one and decide we want to go again?

Thanks

Sunday night definitely.

I doubt either of those will sell out. I don't think they really ever do that early in the season. But honestly, if you get your heart set on it, get the tickets. and just don' take the chance.

I would LOVE a touring plan as well, if anyone is willing to share!

We did MNSSHP in 2009, pretty reluctantly, but it was crazy how different it was...just the ambience and all. It was so much fun! We are planning a visit just for that this year.

Rides were pretty much walk-ons. We attended on September 29th which I think was a Friday. The candy was pretty good too!

My daughter had a Minnie Mouse costume on (Made of Tulle and VELVET!!!!) She was 17 months when we went. I ended up purchasing a Winnie the Pooh onesie for about $25. Wish I would have brought anohter outfit in the diaper bag!

Good luck with everything!

i would also be grateful if someone could pm me a copy of touring plan please (jackiestimson@hotmail.co.uk)

thank you

Oh yes please send me a touring plan too to joanna at travelwithkidsonline dot com

We are going to MNSSHP for our first time on Friday October 7 :cool1:

Many thanks!!

I didn't get a chance to read through the whole thread, but I'm planning on going 9/30 as well. I was concerned about going on a Friday due to the increase in crowds because of locals attending but am hoping since it's still a ways out from Halloween and also 9/30 is the first night of Food & Wine that it may draw some locals to that instead. See you there! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter