Help with making keys

SinceDay1

Counting the days until our next trip to WDW!!!
I am asking here because I know my camping friends can help. Where can I have spears of our fifth wheel door keys made. I went to a few places and was told they couldn't. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

I had luck several years ago with a local Ace-branded mom and pop place. They did padlock and industrial keys, so they had the smaller blanks. The only other option was ordering direct through Jayco which would have been expensive and taken too much time.

I had luck several years ago with a local Ace-branded mom and pop place. They did padlock and industrial keys, so they had the smaller blanks. The only other option was ordering direct through Jayco which would have been expensive and taken too much time.

I will check with our local ACE hardware. That's a good place to look, smaller and more specialized.

Richard

1) Neeing a key is always tough for me too.
2) People always say I am never in key.
3) Cats screech and dogs howl when I sing.
4) Oops.
5) You mean LOCK keys.
6) Never mind.

1) Neeing a key is always tough for me too. 2) People always say I am never in key. 3) Cats screech and dogs howl when I sing. 4) Oops. 5) You mean LOCK keys. 6) Never mind.

That started my day with a laugh! Thanks!!

Richard

I have found that some keys you wont find at commercial retailers. ACE True Value is hit or miss, they could not make copies of my Monaco Knight keys. Usually for specialty keys you have to go to a real lock smith to get them duplicated.

We stopped at a RV dealer and he didn't have the blanks - referred us to the local True Value hardware store.

On another note, if you are looking for a door key, consider getting a new lock from RV Lock. Has an electronic keypad to operate the deadbolt, along with a remote. Really nice thing about it is - you're the ONLY one with that same key. RV locks often run the same. There are not a lot of different keys. You could be in a campground of say 100 and I'd bet 10-12 or more would have keys that could open your door! Granted, a LOT more $$ than a new key, but totally worth it.

I am asking here because I know my camping friends can help. Where can I have spears of our fifth wheel door keys made. I went to a few places and was told they couldn't. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Richard

I checked with several hardware stores trying to find a place that could make a spare Jayco door key. None had the blank. My Jayco dealer gave me a blank to take to a key shop, but it was not the right one. I finally had luck by going to a locksmith shop that make keys. They had a blank for every imaginable key and had no problem making a spare. So I would suggest checking with a locksmith shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter