Help with hotel

CyndiLouWho

DIS Veteran
First trip to DLR. Booked air & hotel on points. I'm now rethinking the hotel choice. We have Eden Roc motel booked. It's lower end but gets good reviews for what it is. I've looked to see what else I can book & now have a few more points. Eden Roc is on Katella, which now seems a bit more difficult walk with new security (correct me if I'm wrong)

My other options are HOJO Anaheim, Majestic Garden, Holiday Inn on Walnut, or Hotel Menage .
Of those HOJO or Holiday Inn look closest/nicest. We don't need luxury & usually spend very little time in our room. Want something walkable or with free shuttle (not ART) & clean. Nice pool a bonus but not a deal breaker.

Suggestions or comments?

We used to stay at one of the Disney hotels but on our last trip we stayed at Park Vue Inn. It's on the crosswalk on Harbor across from the entrance. SUPER close. It's not luxury but it's clean and comfortable. Going back in May and staying there again. This time we reserved a suite as we are bringing DD's friend. I highly recommend it!

Walkable is a good thing, so of those you listed, HOJO would get my vote. Enjoy your trip!

Yes...from Eden Roc you walk into the parks is a bit longer as you can not cut through the Grand. You have to enter DTD by the Disneyland Hotel. The way out you can still use the Grand as a shortcut though. It does not look far on a map but it is a bit of a hike to the Main Gates from that property.

I have not stayed there but the HOJO is a DIS Board fan favorite. Many like it there.

I stay at that Holiday Inn and love it over there. It is nice and quiet and only about a 10 min brisk walk, 15 at a more casual pace. I like it cuz we enter and exit through DTD where we usually get Starbucks or breakfast in the AM and do some shopping on the way out....but that is now less of a hassle now with the new security layout if you stay on the Harbor Blvd side.

If proximity is something you value most... I would go with HOJO.

Hotels come up all the time on the forum and I can say Eden Roc is not one that ever gets thrown out as a recommendation here...I had to look it up to even see where it is.

Last edited:
I know Eden Roc is lower end for sure, but it fit our budget (free) I'm thinking HOJO now. Thanks all.

We stayed at Eden Roc one time. We affectionately refer to that trip as "the trip where we stayed at the Bates hotel." The hotel was disgusting, and not worth it even for Free. (You'd have to pay me a pretty penny to stay there again.)
The Hotel Menage is nice, but on the otherside of the freeway, makes the walk significantly longer. (I'd use ART)

The HI is really nice for how much we've paid for it. You can walk to the Mickey and Friends and take their tram, but the HOJO is a shorter walk.

From your list, I also would look into Howard Johnson's.

My personal experience has been with Best Western Park Place (decent hotel, awesome location right across from the east entrance) and Candy Cane Inn (very comfortable, nice shuttle service, still walkable).

Last edited:
We stayed at Eden Roc one time. We affectionately refer to that trip as "the trip where we stayed at the Bates hotel." The hotel was disgusting, and not worth it even for Free. (You'd have to pay me a pretty penny to stay there again.)
The Hotel Menage is nice, but on the otherside of the freeway, makes the walk significantly longer. (I'd use ART)

The HI is really nice for how much we've paid for it. You can walk to the Mickey and Friends and take their tram, but the HOJO is a shorter walk.

Good to know! Eden Roc looks ok on paper but something made me re-look at things yesterday.

Another vote for Hojo! Of the ones on your list its the only one I've stayed at and its our favorite off site. Walk is under 10 minutes. Beds are super comfy. Keurig coffee makers in room. Staff are friendly. Rooms are nice size and clean! Parking is free. My kids love the kiddie pool area and the normal pool is nice as well.

Another vote for Hojo! Of the ones on your list its the only one I've stayed at and its our favorite off site. Walk is under 10 minutes. Beds are super comfy. Keurig coffee makers in room. Staff are friendly. Rooms are nice size and clean! Parking is free. My kids love the kiddie pool area and the normal pool is nice as well.

Thanks for details! Keurig is good, can bring coffee. We will likely bring cereal for breakfast. Do they have a small store where I could at least get milk?

Thanks for details! Keurig is good, can bring coffee. We will likely bring cereal for breakfast. Do they have a small store where I could at least get milk?

Yes, it is located on the ground floor of Tower #1, Milk, a few basic items including cereal, plus beer and wine. Not a big selection, but enough to get you by.

It is easier for us to get to rope drop or EMH if we eat breakfast in our room. We pack cereal, disposable bowls & utensils. The Keurig will be a bonus (WDW in room coffee makers not user friendly where we've stayed)
And now that they announced Food & Wine during our visit, more reason to save $ on breakfast to use on lunch & dinner at F&W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter