• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with hotel/suite family 6 near disney no car

last1973

Mouseketeer
Hi we have stayed on site before but prices seem to b rather high this time. I'm looking for a resort near disney mayb dtd that is suitable for young children (fun pool) but we are not driving. Don't mind getting cabs but not too keen on buses with young children after late night watching fireworks. Thanks

There are hotels such as Buena Vista Palace that are right by DTD. Would save you a fortune in taxis, just pop over to DTD, bus it to a resort (I would suggest SSR or POR) and then onto a theme park

Would highly recommend Wyndham Bonnet Creek which is next door to Caribbean Beach so very close to Disney. 5 Pools, 2 lazy rivers, splash areas, pirate ship with slide. Basically all you could want with regards to pools/ Rooms are huge. We stay in a 2 bedroom which has master bedroom with jacuzzi and another bedroom with 2 doubles and en suite. Full kitchen.
There are several threads on the Orlando Hotels board telling you all about this place.
There are shuttles buses which are very good and always on time.
We book through www.vacationupgrades.com. Going back in July.
Also, there are loads of pictures on trip advisor.

Portugal1000 said:
Would highly recommend Wyndham Bonnet Creek which is next door to Caribbean Beach so very close to Disney. 5 Pools, 2 lazy rivers, splash areas, pirate ship with slide. Basically all you could want with regards to pools/ Rooms are huge. We stay in a 2 bedroom which has master bedroom with jacuzzi and another bedroom with 2 doubles and en suite. Full kitchen.
There are several threads on the Orlando Hotels board telling you all about this place.
There are shuttles buses which are very good and always on time.
We book through www.vacationupgrades.com. Going back in July.
Also, there are loads of pictures on trip advisor.

Thanks for info. Do u need a car if you stay here or can we do without one. Also are there places to eat near by thanks

We stayed at Staybridge suites in Lake Buena Vista a few years ago. Very nice suites with kitchen. I remember a baby pool beside the pleasant adult pool but no slides etc. Free wine/beer/ nibbles/barbie some evenings. We used the free coach transfers but it's very restrictive and wouldn't be great with small children. I don't think taxis to dtd would be very expensive. Lots of reasonable eateries nearbye. I think there are better choices in this area though. Happy planning!

Thanks for info. Do u need a car if you stay here or can we do without one. Also are there places to eat near by thanks

I have always had a car when I have been here but spoken to plenty of people who don't. The shuttle service is very good and we have used it a few times.
There are restaurants on site but if you want to go to other restaurants i.e at DTD, crossroads then you really would need a car as taxi fares would soon add up. If we were in UK then the walk would be fine but I don't think most of the roads have pavements so would be dangerous.

The Doubletree Suites on Hotel Plaza Boulevard offer 2 bed suites and has a kids pool and playground. Location wise, you can walk to Downtown Disney and Crossroads (lots of restaurants in the area and cheaper than Disney), and they offer a half-hourly bus to the four main Disney parks.

If planning on visiting Seaworld, you can catch the Lynx no.50 bus from Hotel Plaza Boulevard direct to Seaworld, or change there to venture further up I-Drive.

Hi,

Not sure if this has been mentioned on the UK boards but there's a new transportation fee at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort, it seems the new $12 per day fee would have been charged to all non-members staying at this resort, but they've now changed it to those who only use the service. So a 14-night stay could add another $168 to your bill.

Dear Guest:

As a result of recent feedback, the Bonnet Creek Home Owners Association has reversed the recently communicated $12 per unit / per day transportation fee at Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort. Beginning March 1, 2013, transportation fees will only be applied to individuals who use the Walt Disney World® Resort shuttles at the resort.

We remain committed to delivering exceptional Count On Me! service and creating vacation memories for you and your family and friends.

Thank you for your continued feedback and ongoing support. We look forward to your stay at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort.

Sincerely,
Richard Scinta, Resort Manager
Wyndham Bonnet Creek Resort

There are restaurants on site but if you want to go to other restaurants i.e at DTD, crossroads then you really would need a car as taxi fares would soon add up. If we were in UK then the walk would be fine but I don't think most of the roads have pavements so would be dangerous.

we walked from BB to DTD and there were hardly any pavements around.
Also the grass is funny-very thick sharp & long. So not ideal for walking on :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter