Help with going against the crowds on a MM/EMH days

sweethannah

Rebel Spy, 3 times in a row!
I will have one day to use MM during my Park visit. These are the MM/EMH days during my 5 days at the Park(using hoppers).

We would also really like to focus on DCA and RSR as we have never ridden RSR and would like to be able to ride it at least twice, once during the day and once in the evening. :thumbsup2

As of now I had thought to just go opposite to the crowds and maybe not even use the MM? Should I still use the MM on Friday or Tuesday if I want to maximize my chances of pulling FPs? Any difference between MM on a Friday or Tuesday?

Thursday opens at 10am (our first park day) start in DL
DL -
DCA - EMH (9a)

Friday opens at 9am start in DCA
DL- MM/EMH (8a)
DCA -

Sunday opens at 8am *late start to this day after Universal
DL -
DCA- EMH (7a)

Monday opens at 9am start in DL
DL-
DCA -EMH (8a)

Tuesday opens at 9am use MM, hop to DCA for RSR FP at opening
DL- MM/EMH (8a)
DCA -

I will have one day to use MM during my Park visit. These are the MM/EMH days during my 5 days at the Park(using hoppers).

We would also really like to focus on DCA and RSR as we have never ridden RSR and would like to be able to ride it at least twice, once during the day and once in the evening. :thumbsup2

As of now I had thought to just go opposite to the crowds and maybe not even use the MM? Should I still use the MM on Friday or Tuesday if I want to maximize my chances of pulling FPs? Any difference between MM on a Friday or Tuesday?

Thursday opens at 10am (our first park day) start in DL
DL -
DCA - EMH (9a)

Friday opens at 9am start in DCA
DL- MM/EMH (8a)
DCA -

Sunday opens at 8am *late start to this day after Universal
DL -
DCA- EMH (7a)

Monday opens at 9am start in DL
DL-
DCA -EMH (8a)

Tuesday opens at 9am use MM, hop to DCA for RSR FP at opening
DL- MM/EMH (8a)
DCA -

I think MM is worth its weight in gold. But if you have days at DLR with 2 days where you rope drop DL, you may be able to skip MM and just hit DCA.

Note that there is no need to hop to DCA to get RSR FPs at opening. It is usually best to get RSR FPs 30-40 minutes afte the park opens. Frankly you can do that just as well on a DCA EMH day as a DCA non-EMH day.

:wizard:

You have EE mixed up on Thurs and Fri. MM at DL is normally on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday, not Friday, unless there is a special exception on your particular dates. EMH at DCA is Fri, Sun, Mon, Weds.

I'd suggest you use it on Thursday and start your trip off in Fantasyland. Then start off at DCA on Tuesday.

You have EE mixed up on Thurs and Fri. MM at DL is normally on Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday, not Friday, unless there is a special exception on your particular dates. EMH at DCA is Fri, Sun, Mon, Weds.

I'd suggest you use it on Thursday and start your trip off in Fantasyland. Then start off at DCA on Tuesday.

The calendar for sweethannah's dates(May14th -21st) is showing that there is no EMH/MM on Thursday(May 15th) at Disneyland, but is instead, EMH at DCA!

The calendar is also showing that EMH and MM are at Disneyland on Friday May 16th, not EMH at DCA.

I'm assuming that's why she is asking the question?:)

The calendar for sweethannah's dates(May14th -21st) is showing that there is no EMH/MM on Thursday(May 15th) at Disneyland, but is instead, EMH at DCA!

The calendar is also showing that EMH and MM are at Disneyland on Friday May 16th, not EMH at DCA.

I'm assuming that's why she is asking the question?:)

I have not checked the calendar but switching around EMH and MM between DCA and DL could be a result of grad nights. It has happened before.

:wizard:

OP, our last trip consisted of two days at the parks and while we had access to both early mornings, we opted out. I can't tell you how nice it was. We toured totally different than normal and I loved it. No park hopping, no MM, and it made for a more relaxing trip.

I think your plan sounds good. I would suggest using your MM on tuesday since they are less busy then fridays. I do think you should use it because it can help. When we used ours last month, it didn't seem to make much of a difference. It was still really crowded. I think because of spring break. However when we went in May 2 years ago, there was hardly anyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter