Help with Genie+ Rules

You can also modify times now without resetting the 2hr window. We haven’t used it yet with this feature, but a lot of people have and there seems to be some new strategy now that you can modify. We don’t go back till June so I haven’t read up on it much. Not sure when your trip is, but I wouldn’t study too much ahead since they do keep changing things with genie+.

Good advice. The cast member I spoke to on the phone told me her strategy is to select an attraction at 7am for as close to park opening as available, then do standby queues until the first reserved attraction time, click in, and immediately reserve another. She said using that “leapfrog” method you will get the most value from Genie+. She added the only drawback could be the availability of the main attractions but she suggested going early to get those in. Does that make sense?
If you are early risers. If you are not, that advice is not good at all.

You can also modify times now without resetting the 2hr window. We haven’t used it yet with this feature, but a lot of people have and there seems to be some new strategy now that you can modify. We don’t go back till June so I haven’t read up on it much. Not sure when your trip is, but I wouldn’t study too much ahead since they do keep changing things with genie+.
You can modify times but you are still unable to select a time. You just select modify and it gives you a new time. No choices. It's ok, an improvement and you can go back and forth to try and get a better time, which I did get on occasion but it does take a lot of time. I mostly did this while in line for something else and I wouldn't be doing anything anyway.

We will be there in mid February so hopefully all these rules will still apply.

You can modify times but you are still unable to select a time. You just select modify and it gives you a new time. No choices. It's ok, an improvement and you can go back and forth to try and get a better time, which I did get on occasion but it does take a lot of time. I mostly did this while in line for something else and I wouldn't be doing anything anyway.
My understanding is that the modify feature is very useful but it doesn’t change the 7am two hour rule. That is to say if you select an attraction at 7am that has a return time of 12pm, and you are able to modify the return time to 9am you still have to wait until 11am to make the second selection despite the fact you used selection one at 9. Is that the case? If so, what happens if you make a second selection at 11 for a return at 11:30 and later modify it to a later time? Do you have to wait two hours from the time of the second selection to make a third?

Last edited:
My understanding is that the modify feature is very useful but it doesn’t change the 7am two hour rule. That is to say if you select an attraction at 7am that has a return time of 12pm, and you are able to modify the return time to 9am you still have to wait until 11am to make the second selection despite the fact you used selection one at 9. Is that the case? If so, what happens if you make a second selection at 11 for a return at 11:30 and later modify it to a later time? Do you have to wait two hours from the time of the second selection to make a third?
Genie will even tell you what time you can make your next one right there on top.
So you can do whatever you want to the Genie rides times you have booked.
The time you book your next one will remain fixed right there at the top
It doesn't change when you change your times on what you booked

Genie will even tell you what time you can make your next one right there on top.
So you can do whatever you want to the Genie rides times you have booked.
The time you book your next one will remain fixed right there at the top
It doesn't change when you change your times on what you booked
Got it. By the way, I watched the YouTube videos posted by Ear Scouts regarding Genie+ uses and strategies. They are very good and easy to follow.

Got it. By the way, I watched the YouTube videos posted by Ear Scouts regarding Genie+ uses and strategies. They are very good and easy to follow.
Enjoy your trip.
Genie isn't the best thing to use but once you do use it it makes sense
I'll never love it

The videos are great.
One item that's a bit worth noting about his experiences with it, doing it for 1 is a way different experience than doing it for several. 1 person can find way more slot choices than 2, 3, 4, or even more guests booking can.
So that does skew his results a bit.
Something to keep in mind
We have not have his same success when "playing slots"
Our options were much more limited

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter