Help with Fireworks & Fantasmic

mrnutz

Earning My Ears
Hi folks,

GF and I taking our first ever trip to DL and DCA later this month. I've been to DW a number of times in the past and together we've been to DL Paris.

We'll only have one day in each park and I'm keen for us to see both the fireworks and the later showing of Fantasmic on our DL day.

Please can you offer a tip of where to see the fireworks from (can we go in front of the castle and if so how early would we need to be in position - I'd like to minimise our waiting time to fit in more rides!) and then the best route to Fantasmic, and where we should stand/sit when we get there?

Thanks!

It's difficult to do it the way you've outlined.

The way DL works is...

1. First viewing of Fantasmic! on Rivers of America
2. Fireworks immediately following Fantasmic!
3. Second showing of Fantasmic shortly thereafter.

After the first viewing of Fantasmic! there is a crush of humanity leaving the area that would make it difficult to get a good spot for the 2nd showing of F! after fireworks. If you want a good spot for the 2nd showing of F!, it's better to be there right as the fireworks are ending, and that won't happen if you're watching fireworks on Main St.

The better plan is to watch the FIRST showing of F! from Rivers of America. Stay in your place there and watch fireworks from your F! viewing spot. Kill two birds with one stone.

It's much more difficult to see Fireworks from Main Street *and* F! in the same night.

I agree 100% with PP. That will probably be the only way to see both...you will get to see the fireworks but not a shot of the castle.

That's what we did. Got a spot for first Fantasmic directly across from Pirate's Lair. Stayed out for fireworks. We could even see Tink and Dumbo fly.

I figured second showing would be less crowded and so easier to get a good spot...

Is there anywhere to get a decent view of the fireworks and THEN see F!?

I figured second showing would be less crowded and so easier to get a good spot...

Is there anywhere to get a decent view of the fireworks and THEN see F!?

We watched the fireworks on the leftside of the hub by the adventureland entrance then when they were done we rushed through adventureland and found a great spot for the late fantasmic show. It was difficult to get through adventureland because you are going against traffic, but we stuck to the far right . The strategy worked for us, but I have to say this was the last weekend of September when we went so it might not work during the business of the summer.

It's difficult to do it the way you've outlined.

The way DL works is...

1. First viewing of Fantasmic! on Rivers of America
2. Fireworks immediately following Fantasmic!
3. Second showing of Fantasmic shortly thereafter.

After the first viewing of Fantasmic! there is a crush of humanity leaving the area that would make it difficult to get a good spot for the 2nd showing of F! after fireworks. If you want a good spot for the 2nd showing of F!, it's better to be there right as the fireworks are ending, and that won't happen if you're watching fireworks on Main St.

The better plan is to watch the FIRST showing of F! from Rivers of America. Stay in your place there and watch fireworks from your F! viewing spot. Kill two birds with one stone.

It's much more difficult to see Fireworks from Main Street *and* F! in the same night.

LOL @ "crush of humanity". There really is no other way to describe it. :thumbsup2

Yes, it is packed after the first Fantasmic! They funnel the crowd (leaving) through Adventureland and hold the incoming crowd in Frontierland. They do let the late crowd into the area after the first crowd is gone. Then there are plenty of good spots to view. We have done this and it worked out well. The main issue is the early crowd. Just study the area ahead of time and know where you want to go.

Thanks! How long will we have after the end of the fireworks to battle through the crowds and get into position?

We watched the fireworks on the leftside of the hub by the adventureland entrance then when they were done we rushed through adventureland and found a great spot for the late fantasmic show. It was difficult to get through adventureland because you are going against traffic, but we stuck to the far right . The strategy worked for us, but I have to say this was the last weekend of September when we went so it might not work during the business of the summer.

This is exactly what we did at the end of July 2010 and it worked out fine. I don't remember how long it took to move through the crowd, but I don't think it was too bad and we got a good spot to sit front and center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter