• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with dress

Sheldora

Disney Wedding here I come!
So while walking around downtown disney today my fiancé suggested I get a belle dress and he would wear "beast's" suit, the suit but not the costume if that makes sense... Te more I think about it I really like the idea. Any suggestions on where to find a real belle dress, or where to get one made? And the same with his suit. I live in the Orlando area so any recommendations in the area are welcome also any dresses on etsy... I want it to feel like her dress, otherwise I may just go with the Alfred Angelo one I was going to buy

As you mentioned, there are a bunch on Etsy. You might also see if there's any kind of costumer's guild or cosplay group in your area—you might be able to hire one of their members to make you the gown (and if you met them in person, maybe you could see samples of their past work to check for quality).

I found a lady near me on etsy who is going to make one for me! Is this idea too tacky? He proposed to me with a beauty and the beast theme and I was going to use it for our wedding too...

I found a lady near me on etsy who is going to make one for me! Is this idea too tacky? He proposed to me with a beauty and the beast theme and I was going to use it for our wedding too...

That is a tough question and it really depends on what you want. I am a cosplayer and my fiance and I wrestled with the idea of doing a cosplay wedding where all my bridesmaids would be dressed as Disney princesses. We decided against it, because when I close my eyes and think about what I want my pictures to look like, I couldn't imagine liking that everyone would be wearing different colors. (or, lets face it, that attention would be on them and not me, lol!)

As far as how you want your wedding to look. Its up to you. I think Belle lends itself very well to a wedding dress. If you want to go all out yellow french ball gown, I think you should. I think the important thing is that you go with quality materials that do not look cheap or "costumy". You want a ball gown not a costume, that will go a long way towards avoiding 'tacky.' Women in Japan have been dressing up like belle to get married for a while:
http://www.squidoo.com/not-your-average-wedding-dress
Check the fifth one down.

You should also (if you haven't already) check out Jamie Chandler's amazing cosplay wedding. http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/a-real-life-princess-ariel-takes-the-character-to-another/article_e18db1ce-ea9f-5657-b0a1-0f217f1dc29e.html

If you are more wanting a hint of Belle, the Alfred Angelo Belle dress is actually quite close except its white and you could pair it with their bridesmaid Style 501 for your bridesmaids to complete the theme.

Thanks so much for all the advice! I was planning on getting the Alfred Angelo dress which led to thinking about an actual belle dress.

Thanks so much for all the advice! I was planning on getting the Alfred Angelo dress which led to thinking about an actual belle dress.

My fiancé bought her dress at Alfred Angelo and it's a Belle dress. She fell in love with it the minute she put it on. I haven't seen it, so of course I can't wait till our wedding lol.

I was just about to suggest the Alfred Angelo. Be forewarned that your and cut may alter how a dress looks on you. I was looking at ball gowns but never tried one on. What I bought was a trumpet gown but I felt like Belle in it and the trumpet part poofed out extremely on me due to me being very petite. I'm having the straps taken off the shoulders for a more modern belle feel, the color in this stock photo is very washed out its actually a candle off white color almost gold in the undertones. The bottom is hand done lace with svoraski crystals..

dress2.jpg

dress.jpg

My dress looked somewhat Belle like. It was a Maggie Sottero Monalisa Royale. It comes in ivory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter