• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with doofus-y online-checking question? (room request issue)

Bonacker

Mouseketeer
Hiya:

In August, we are staying for the second time at a DVC resort on rented points.

I did online check-in today, and wanted to request "pool view" (or type in a request for "refurbished room, please") for our upcoming stay at the Beach Club Villas — but the online check-in only offered two request choices: "ground floor" or "close to transportation."

Does Beach Club Villas usually only offer those two room-request choices? or have I got a glitch?

(When we used online check-in last year for a stay at AKL Kidani, we were offered several room-request options, plus also a slot for making our own request. So I am not sure what's normal for BCV.)

Thank you so much!

Hiya:

In August, we are staying for the second time at a DVC resort on rented points.

I did online check-in today, and wanted to request "pool view" (or type in a request for "refurbished room, please") for our upcoming stay at the Beach Club Villas — but the online check-in only offered two request choices: "ground floor" or "close to transportation."

Does Beach Club Villas usually only offer those two room-request choices? or have I got a glitch?

(When we used online check-in last year for a stay at AKL Kidani, we were offered several room-request options, plus also a slot for making our own request. So I am not sure what's normal for BCV.)

Thank you so much!
Online checkin is limited to the boxes to check. If you want any other requests, the member who owns the points must contact Member Services and make the request.

THANKS! Does it seem odd that there were only two boxes to check? ("Ground floor" and "Near transportation"?)

There aren't any views at BCV, so that limits the boxes to check.

IMO the people who decided on what boxes to include in the software have never stayed in the DVC resorts and maybe have never been to WDW.

:earsboy: Bill

I did online check in for BCV 2 weeks ago. My choices were pool view, large balcony, near elevator, higher floor, ground floor and maybe woods view but I'm not sure. I chose pool view and higher floor. HTH!

Thanks, Wdwiver! That's what I thought: pool view, large balcony .... those are the choices I read about on one of the DVC websites. How weird that I on'y have the two choices. Maybe it's related to the renovations? Harrumph.

Thanks to you all!

I'd call MS and put your requests in that way. Maybe they know what's up with online check in too.​

I'd call MS and put your requests in that way. Maybe they know what's up with online check in too.​
The OP is renting a reservation and can't call MS themselves. The owner would need to make the room request.

Thanks you guys! I just realized that while the check-in I had to use via the DVC website only had the two options available, the "modify check-in" function on My Disney Experience allowed me to see all the different room-request options. Woods view, large balcony, etc etc. THANKS AGAIN, you guys rock!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter