• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with dinner rotation on Magic....

gemjoy

<font color=deeppink>Beware the Cruise Shampoo!<br
what night do I book palo without missing out somewhere else :confused3

Since you don't know your dining schedule until you get onboard I would recommend trying to book Palo a little later during the cruise, Animators has the "show" on the first night on being in the rotation and then it's a normal room, pretty well, for the rest of the nights, I would recommend booking Palo dinner for night 4, 5 or 6 (as these are all repeat rooms), they staff puts on a good show the last night and that's when you give them their gratuities.

Just my opinion though.

weirdguy said:
Since you don't know your dining schedule until you get onboard I would recommend trying to book Palo a little later during the cruise, Animators has the "show" on the first night on being in the rotation and then it's a normal room, pretty well, for the rest of the nights, I would recommend booking Palo dinner for night 4, 5 or 6 (as these are all repeat rooms), they staff puts on a good show the last night and that's when you give them their gratuities.

Just my opinion though.
Thank you so much for the quick reply!!!!!

has anyone ever gone to Palo instead of wherever the "semi-formal" night is? It would be Thursday night. I'm thinking of doing this.... we're dressed up anyway and we'll still have the formal night earlier in the week for the family to be all dressed up together. TIA! :flower:

Usually you would do the 3 in the first 3 days We did Lumieres, Animators Palate then Parrot Cay). We had our character breaky at Parrot Cay too. We did Palo on the Friday night (last night of our 7 night cruise) at 7:30pm. Our normal dining time was 6:15pm. We got room service for the kids, went to the early show (for the late dining group) then right to dinner. We didn't want to miss the last show of the cruise so 7:30pm was a great time. We were in Palo for almost 2 hours.

gemjoy said:
has anyone ever gone to Palo instead of wherever the "semi-formal" night is? It would be Thursday night. I'm thinking of doing this.... we're dressed up anyway and we'll still have the formal night earlier in the week for the family to be all dressed up together. TIA! :flower:

On a 7 day you will go to one restaurant 3 times and the other 2 twice. Whatever restaurant you start with on Saturday you will go back to on Tuesday and then again on Friday.

If you book Palo on Tuesday night you will still get to go to all 3 restaurants twice. I wouldn't book Palo on Saturday and as another mentioned Friday night is a fun night to be in one of the restaurants so I would stick with Tuesday.

I know Tuesday is a port day normally either St. Maarten (eastern) or Grand Caymen (western) but we never had a problem getting back to the ship in time for dinner.

Pirate night is Tuesday on the eastern & Wednesday on the western if you don't want to miss that.

I don't like to go to Palo on semi-formal night, because that is when they serve Lobster and Chocolate Lava Cake in the dining rooms. I heard they serve lobster that night in Palo too. I like to have my Chocolate Souffle on one night and have the Chocolate Lava Cake on another night. Just my opinion.

On our last cruise, we reserved Palo ahead of time. When we found out our dining rotation (upon boarding the ship)we changed it.

gemjoy said:
has anyone ever gone to Palo instead of wherever the "semi-formal" night is? It would be Thursday night.

We did this.. Didn't miss going to the normal restraunant one bit :) I actually took our two kids to the normal dinner that night while my wife got ready for Palo. Then dropped them off in the club & I went back to get ready.

We wore our formal attire again, since my tux came with two shirts figured I would get my money's worth ;)

stampinshauna said:
I don't like to go to Palo on semi-formal night, because that is when they serve Lobster and Chocolate Lava Cake in the dining rooms. I heard they serve lobster that night in Palo too. I like to have my Chocolate Souffle on one night and have the Chocolate Lava Cake on another night. Just my opinion.

On our last cruise, we reserved Palo ahead of time. When we found out our dining rotation (upon boarding the ship)we changed it.

I agree! Love the chocolate souffle AND the Chocolate Lava Cake is something I do NOT want to miss. We did Wed on the eastern. Tues was Pirate night, Thurs lobster/chocolate lava cake night.

Since Marco brought us a desert buffet on our Palo night, I was happy to be able to enjoy the lava cake the next night. :)

Thanks everyone!!!! :flower: Decisions, decisions..... It's really hard knowing what to do - when you've never experienced it before. (first Disney Cruise for us!!!!) After much thought...I went ahead and reserved Palo for Thursday night... at first, I was thinking of Tuesday - but I think the kids would really enjoy pirate: Pirate night. Someone mentioned that Thursday is Lobster night in the resturaunts - but that's okay... I do love lobster but DH doesn't. Although, I must say... the lava cake has me wondering if I made the wrong decision :rotfl: yum! I'm sure wherever we are we'll have a great time and a wonderful dinner! ;)
:flower: ThAnK~yOu EvErYoNe!!!!!! :flower:

Thanks everyone for the helpful information! We leave and five months and I am so excited about our dining experiences! We enjoyed the restaurants so much on our 3 day. Can't wait for the Western in May!

gemjoy said:
Although, I must say... the lava cake has me wondering if I made the wrong decision :rotfl: yum! I'm sure wherever we are we'll have a great time and a wonderful dinner! ;)

Do this -- make sure to tell your server the night before that you'll be at Palo for dinner the next evening but that you'd like to have some lava cake... s/he'll make sure to send you some! Or call room service and have it delivered!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter