Help with dining

mommytodarlings

Mouseketeer
I know there is a dining board and I've been checking it out, but wanted to get some other opinions on dining.

We are going in August and I will be making my ADRS next week, and we still need 1 more ADR.

This is our 5th trip, so we're not new to this, but we are having a heck of a time coming up with another. It is a surprise trip for the kids so they have no input, lol.

So far we have: Ohana-breakfast (1st time)
Garden Grill (1st time)
Crystal Palace-breakfast
Akershus - breakfast (1st time)
Whispering Canyon - kids love it
1900 Park Fare - dinner

On previous trips we have done: Boma, Boatwrights, Chef Mickey's, Yak & Yeti, Ohana-dinner, Le Cellier, as well as some above.

We are looking for another dinner and it can be anywhere, we don't want to do a TS breakfast on our last day. We are driving to Myrtle Beach on that day and want to get as early a start as possible.

TIA

I know there is a dining board and I've been checking it out, but wanted to get some other opinions on dining.

We are going in August and I will be making my ADRS next week, and we still need 1 more ADR.

This is our 5th trip, so we're not new to this, but we are having a heck of a time coming up with another. It is a surprise trip for the kids so they have no input, lol.

So far we have: Ohana-breakfast (1st time)
Garden Grill (1st time)
Crystal Palace-breakfast
Akershus - breakfast (1st time)
Whispering Canyon - kids love it
1900 Park Fare - dinner

On previous trips we have done: Boma, Boatwrights, Chef Mickey's, Yak & Yeti, Ohana-dinner, Le Cellier, as well as some above.

We are looking for another dinner and it can be anywhere, we don't want to do a TS breakfast on our last day. We are driving to Myrtle Beach on that day and want to get as early a start as possible.

TIA

50's Prime Time!!!! Fun, good food
Biergarten, super fun time.

How about Kona Cafe?

Our kids loved Coral Reef. Their favorites were the aquarium (of course) and the desert. Hubby & I enjoyed the meals we selected.

We love Coral Reef, also Tutto Italia was an excellent surprise and Teppan Edo is a fun and entertaining dinner and the food was yummy too. T-Rex in DTD is also fun for kids.

I'm with the other posters who have suggested 50's Prime Time at HS. I highly recommend it! Good food, (big servings!) and lot's of fun.
We used to like Liberty Tree but have found the food and service has been lacking as of late.
On our last trip we did the O'Hana's for breakfast and enjoyed it. We have also done Akershus and Garden Grill. Those are good as well.

Enjoy your trip!

We love Le Chefs de France and Teppan Edo at Epcot and at HS you cannot beat 50's Prime Time Cafe IMO. I have 22 days until I can make my ADRs and I can't wait! Good luck and have a great time in August!:dance3:

Thanks for all your input. I think we may try 50s Prime Time since we have nothing booked for HS.

Keeping this a secret from the kids is not an easy task and it's just going to get harder when we get closer.

We've had lunch at Tony's Town Square Restaurant about 3 times now. I really enjoy it, esp. sitting in the glassed in "veranda" overlooking Main Street:goodvibes

I know it's probably not one of the favorites but I love the decor and the food:cutie:

Cape May
Tutto Italia
Yak & Yeti
Kona Cafe
Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
GF Cafe
Kouzina
'Ohana dinner
Chefs

If I go Italian, it would have to be Tutto. Lots of people seem to like 50's, and our meal was good, but.......When I go out to eat, I like something I don't cook at home, and 50's is just food you'd serve for dinner at home- meatloaf, fried chicken, etc.

We loved both and both are great for kids. If you pick Biergarten make sure you time your seating with the stage show which is awesome!

The Coral Reef is a bit "fancier" but the huge aquarium is amazing! We went there for my 40th birthday dinner and it was a very special night. We loved the food and the tank is mesmerizing!

Lots of great suggestions here - you just can't go wrong with any of them. Love the DIS-ers!! :goodvibes

Michelle

We love Kona for dinnner at the Poly. We always go for one dinner there.
We also love Mama Melrose at DHS but really it's the sangria that we love there. Sci Fi is nice for a lunch there.

Biergarten has won a place in my heart -- plus I love that we can just head out afterwards and hop on the boat if we don't feel like strolling back around World Showcase.
We also highly recommend both California Grill and The Wave at the CR; also love Narcoosee ($$$) and Citricos at the GF.

Having just come back, here's where we went and our thoughts:

Planet Hollywood -DTD- really good food and atmosphere but noisy.
Hollywood & Vine -DHS- really bland buffet, nothing special
Tusker House - AK - marginally better than H & V
Liberty Tree Tavern - MK - best meal we had, great dessert
Rose & Crown - Epcot - good food, good quality portions
Chef Mickey's - CR - best buffet we had but not spectacular.
Tony's Town Square - good but not 5 star. We'd eat there again

Note: with the exception of Rose & Crown, Disney only seems to offer roast beef rare, really rare and moo

Teppan Edo :thumbsup2

Great food, awesome atmosphere, exciting food prep....the kids will be into it....the chefs are amazing :thumbsup2

50"s Prime Time :thumbsup2

Nothing more comical than having you burly police man dh being told by his "cousin" to get his elbows off the table while she is strapping a bib onto him....good times:thumbsup2

our best dinners this trip were:
Cape May's Clam bake and Kouzzina's.
We also had an excellent lunch at the Wave, I'd like to try dinner there.

We also ate at Yak & Yeti, Sanaa (Boma was better), Ohana's, 1900 Park Fare (Breakfast), Whispering Canyon, Coral Reef, Biergarten (overrated), La Cellier... only one I wouldn't return to is Yak and Yeti.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter