• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with Dining/Show Times on the Dream

lucyem

DIS Veteran
I made my reservation through Dreams Unlimited and their system has us listed as First dining 6pm, with 5pm show.

Today I looked at my reservation information at the DCL website and it has us listed as Main Seating, 9pm show.

I am going to assume then I have Main seating with the 9pm show. What time is the main seating?

My husband would like me to try and switch us back to what we originally requested (6pm dining, 5pm show). Any pros or cons to either time before I make any phone calls? We have a 9yr old & 5 yr old who will be taking advantage of the kids clubs.

Thanks!

I made my reservation through Dreams Unlimited and their system has us listed as First dining 6pm, with 5pm show.

Today I looked at my reservation information at the DCL website and it has us listed as Main Seating, 9pm show.

I am going to assume then I have Main seating with the 9pm show. What time is the main seating?

My husband would like me to try and switch us back to what we originally requested (6pm dining, 5pm show). Any pros or cons to either time before I make any phone calls? We have a 9yr old & 5 yr old who will be taking advantage of the kids clubs.

Thanks!

Main seating is first seating, the earliest time, I think it's 6 or 6:15ish. There is no longer a 5 pm show.

So if you have early dining, you go to the late show. If you have late dining, you go to the early show.

My understanding is that the shows on the sea days have a matinee performance.

:cutie:

Last month, main seating on the Dream was at 5:45pm, late seating was at 8:30pm.

There was no 5:00pm show.

Last month, main seating on the Dream was at 5:45pm, late seating was at 8:30pm.
There was no 5:00pm show.

That's what they told me... but 8:30pm is way too late for dinner with a 6 yr old. I was thinking about a 3 day cruise mixed in with our Disney World trip but don't think we can do 8:30 dinners. They said we could be on a waiting list for the main seating but I can't imagine many people would give that up.

Might have to wait to do a Disney Cruise....

That's what they told me... but 8:30pm is way too late for dinner with a 6 yr old. I was thinking about a 3 day cruise mixed in with our Disney World trip but don't think we can do 8:30 dinners. They said we could be on a waiting list for the main seating but I can't imagine many people would give that up.

Might have to wait to do a Disney Cruise....

Don't give up on 2nd seating so quickly. Granted there are less kids than at main seating but you still have about 2 hundred kids at late dining and they all seem to do fairly well. When our kids were younger we always did late dining they were fine. Late dining actually starts at 8:15, not 8:30.

There are many food option to tide kids over until mealtime.

MJ

Ours changed to this too. DCL decided to scrap the idea of the 5pm show and instead stick to 2 shows most days and a matinee on some days (I think the Believe show has a matinee). We are sticking with this option as having late seating we never manage to make it to the Pirate night buffet.

You will either have dinner or the show at 8:30 or so. Getting something ondeck around 4 helps. We did our first cruise when the kids were 3 & 5. They both stayed awake much longer on the ship than they ever did at home. There was so much going on they didn't want to close their eyes. They went to sleep around 11 each night after the activities had slowed down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter