Help with DING fares please! I'm

Pooh's Pal

Soon to be dancing with My Pal Po
:confused3

Okay....my boss bought tickets on Southwest from Providence to Orlando back a month ago. (a Monday through Sunday trip-Sunday being Columbus weekend) The price was at 109.00 each way at the time. I've helped her get $40.00 in ticketless travel funds so far(on the PVD-MCO leg), but I'm not sure what to do if a DING comes along. Do I book her new tickets and then cancel the others? OR cancel the 1st tickets and use the funds to pay for the DING fares? (I'm assuming if I do this I'll need two windows open)

Also she is now talking about changing the return times on her flights, what does Southwest charge to do this?

I did searches on here and on SW site and couldn't find my answers. Hoping all you SW DISers can help!

Thanks

I love how easy (and inexpensive) it is to change flights with SWA! If your boss is just changing return times you can do that through "change itinerary". It will show you the charge if any for making the change before you actually make it. To change from a regular fare to a "ding" the easiest way is to open 2 windows. In one reserve the ding flight and go all the way to the payment page. In the other window cancel your existing flight, credit should become immediately available to pay for your "ding" flight in the first window. HTH! :thumbsup2

Thanks.....that's what I was looking for with the DING info!!

But is there a $25.oo or $50.00 change fee if just changing times?

I don't think there is a charge for changing times. I have done it before with there not being a charge. These DINGS just have us coming and going constantly!! :banana:

Pooh's Pal said:
Thanks.....that's what I was looking for with the DING info!!

But is there a $25.oo or $50.00 change fee if just changing times?
SWA does not charge a change fee, but the new ticket MAY have a higher cost. I have however changed days on a ticket before and actually gotten a $5 credit from the new flight. That's why I love that they show you the cost (if any) for changing the ticket before you actually do. HTH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter