help with details about Poly pool

goofie

Earning My Ears
I would appreciate any details about the volcano pool: pool hours, slide hours, length of slide, location(can you see the castle from the pool), any other details.
THANKS!!!:sunny:

I can't give you pool hours because I don't remember them, but the pool is wonderful. The slide is a volcano and you slide through it. I remember being surprised that it is longer than it appears from the outside. You can definitely see the castle from the pool area. The zero entry begins at the beach! You'll love it. Anyone with pool hours??

There are lifeguards on duty from 10am-12midnight, offseason this changes to 10am-10pm. But the pool is open 24 hours a day, swim at your own risk when no lifeguard is on duty. Click on the link below to view Tikiman's Web page on the Poly pools.

Tikiman's Poly Pool Page

Thanks for the information. Just another question: when there are no lifeguards, are the kids still allowed on the slide or at least in the pool?
THANKS AGAIN!!!:sunny:

the slide closes when the lifeguards go off duty. I suppose kids are allowed in the pool when there is no life guard, but I would hope that a parent or adult would be there to supervise ;)

A great time to go out to the Poly pool is after 10 when the resort gets quiet. you will see the ducks swimming across the pool. We saw a Momma duck last yr with about 6 ducklings ! It was neat to see them up so close.

Our first night at the Poly, the kids and DH went for a dip. I grabbed a table poolside and a MaiTai (lovely!). Just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the MK fireworks began right in front of us. The kids watched while floating around in the pool!

ENJOY!

It is avery cool slide. Fairly long, fast and dark. Kids under 5 (unless they are water park veterans) may be a little scared as you can only go one person at a time.

Florida law says no lifeguard, no slide.

Anne

Just wondering how dark the slide is... I thought there was some light through out it... my 10 year old loves long slides but not if they are in the dark dark...thanks..amy

Originally posted by corvair
Just wondering how dark the slide is... I thought there was some light through out it... my 10 year old loves long slides but not if they are in the dark dark...thanks..amy

Very dark and very long! I had no idea how long it would be but as I went through it I kept thinking, When is this going to end! It was really dark. I get claustrophobic too and I was relieved when I finally got dumped into the pool! LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter