Help with cruise planning problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Second thing to think is will your child be potty-trained. And how do they do in group activities without their parents?
My DD did great at 3.5 in the OC, but she's used to Sunday school, the Y child watch when I go to the gym, etc.

Then I'd stop thinking you aren't going to have that much fun on the cruise if you HAVE to bring your son with you. That makes me sad :(

The first time we cruised our son was 3 and he had a great time. He spent a good amount of time in the Oceaneer's Club and had a blast. Watching him interact with the characters, spend time in the Mickey pool and enjoy our time on shore was wonderful.

I'm not sure why you think you won't have fun with your younger son along. I guess it will be what you make of it. If he is potty trained he will be allowed in the Oceaneer's Club. If not he can go to the nursery to give you some adult time. Personally, I couldn't imagine leaving my DS home at that age, especially with another child along. I think you should all go and have a great time. :)

I'm not sure why you think you won't have fun with your younger son along. I guess it will be what you make of it. If he is potty trained he will be allowed in the Oceaneer's Club. If not he can go to the nursery to give you some adult time. Personally, I couldn't imagine leaving my DS home at that age, especially with another child along. I think you should all go and have a great time. :)

Yes, this! (Much more eloquently than I could have stated it!)

The first time we cruised our son was 3 and he had a great time. He spent a good amount of time in the Oceaneer's Club and had a blast. Watching him interact with the characters, spend time in the Mickey pool and enjoy our time on shore was wonderful.

:thumbsup2

Why do you think you will not have fun with him? Yes, he is too young for the OC but you can book him in the nursery when you want adult time. We cruised in January with our 2.5 daughter and loved every minute of it.

We are actually going to be on the same cruise (5/4) and we are bring both our soon to be 3 yr old (March birthday) and our soon to me 1 year old (May birthday) and I think we are going to have a fabulous time! I can't wait to see their faces when they see the boat, meet with the characters, and splash around in Nemo's Reef. I can't imaging leaving them at home and I think Disney of all companies does an outstanding job of catering to families with young children.:)

We are leaving next weekend for our third Disney cruise with our daughter and she isn't even three years old yet. We always have so much fun hence why we are going again. Like other posters have said, you can still most likely drop your youngest at OC if potty trained or there is always the nursery. I say go on your vacation as planned and bring your toddler. He will love it!

I am of two thoughts on this:
1) If you really feel that you are not able to have fun as a family (a full & complete family), then postpone your vacation.
2) If you want to have fun on a vacation, then you will.

I sailed with my son for his 1st & 2nd birthdays. I would not trade those memories for the sake of having had more adult time while on vacation. I wrote a review of our recent Fantasy cruise specifically addressing common issue with toddlers. You may want to read it before making a decision.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3048475

I am of two thoughts on this:
1) If you really feel that you are not able to have fun as a family (a full & complete family), then postpone your vacation.
2) If you want to have fun on a vacation, then you will.

I sailed with my son for his 1st & 2nd birthdays. I would not trade those memories for the sake of having had more adult time while on vacation. I wrote a review of our recent Fantasy cruise specifically addressing common issue with toddlers. You may want to read it before making a decision.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3048475

:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter