Help with Cricut -- Mickey and Friends Cart

mlktwins

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I've had my Cricut Expression for a year and a half and am just getting around to using it. I did take a 3 hour class at AC Moore when I first got it, but I seem to have forgotten most of what I learned :confused3.

So...today I pulled out my Mickey and Friends cartridge. I know I need to make the characters bigger than 3 inches for them to turn out nice. I tried the Mickey head on page 108 of the manual. When I do this, do I put the face and hand pieces on the <mickeyhd> or the <mickeyhd-s>? I cut out the <mickeyhd-s> and put the <mickeyhd> over top of it. Then I put the face pieces on top of the <mickeyhd>, but not all of the little cut lines were covered by the face and hand pieces.

Also, I was playing around with the icon borders. I did the toon town car border on page 124. I was able to make a border 3 car lenghts long and made it 1 inch high. How can I get the border to make a continuous 12" border (to go across a 12x12 scrapbook page)? Is that even possible?

Thanks so much! I'm determined to master this thing...

You can use the Cricut Craftroom (free program)download here to weld them together. Of course, you'd never get a true 12 inch border unless you used a 24 inch mat.

HTH!

When I first started using the complicated cartridges, I watched some youtube videos. You can get step by step visual instructions. I did not start to enjoy these cartridges until I got the gypsy where I could actually plan out every cut with specific sizes and not guessing. The cricut craftroom will let you do that too. Have fun playing.

Talking of that cartridge, anyone notice that sometimes you can cut 2 thing with seperate colors with the same setting. The one that comes to mind is Goofy. Any way we can only cut the blue pants and not the orange top

3pletprincesses said:
Talking of that cartridge, anyone notice that sometimes you can cut 2 thing with seperate colors with the same setting. The one that comes to mind is Goofy. Any way we can only cut the blue pants and not the orange top

Use Craftroom to 'hide contours.' If you need some help, let me know and I can type up some instructions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter