• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with clues for a Disney-Trip-Spending-$ scavengar hunt

204charity

DIS Veteran
Hey all - I wasn't sure where to post my request, but I figured here with you creative people was the best place to start!

My parents are taking my 9yo DD and I to Disney World in April, and for Christmas this year, my DH and I are giving her $130 CDN to add to her Disney Piggy Bank for the trip as her Chrsitmas present from us. (She will have other gifts to open from her brother, Santa and extended family of coarse)

We want it to seem "fair" though in regards to the gift opening itself from us - so I toyed with the idea of breaking the money down into smaller bills and wrapping them in many diffferent sized boxes and/or bags, but I am wondering if it might be fun to hide the money around the house and have her follow clues?

Any suggestions?

Oh I did this once for DS15's birthday with a Harry Potter theme.
I made mine rhyme, which was a pain in the butt but really cool.

Let's see:
Cinderella - Something to do with shoes maybe tuck some money in her sneakers.
Rapunzel - A long braid of yarn hanging from a tree, she tugs on the hair and the money is attached to the end
Monsters Inc - Money stuck to the back of her closet door
Cars - Does her brother have a car set that races around, or a remote control car that the money could be stuck to
Beauty and the Beast- Tucked into her favorite book.
Fantasia - Money stuck to a broom

Make the clues follow the theme of the stories.

Oh I did this once for DS15's birthday with a Harry Potter theme.
I made mine rhyme, which was a pain in the butt but really cool.

Let's see:
Cinderella - Something to do with shoes maybe tuck some money in her sneakers.
Rapunzel - A long braid of yarn hanging from a tree, she tugs on the hair and the money is attached to the end
Monsters Inc - Money stuck to the back of her closet door
Cars - Does her brother have a car set that races around, or a remote control car that the money could be stuck to
Beauty and the Beast- Tucked into her favorite book.
Fantasia - Money stuck to a broom

Make the clues follow the theme of the stories.
Oh my goodness! Those suggestions are a million times better than ANYTHING I could've dreamed! :worship: thank you!!!!!!

Well, I can't find his clues. Which is very odd..... But if I find them I'll let you know.

In the mean time the story based clues will be a good start. I do remember in one clue I even had the DVD player cued up to a specific scene then handed him a clue that went with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter