• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with Christmas plans for those who have experienced the madness

mtmbyck

I AM Canadian eh!
i am completely ready for the crazy crowds. Have the fastpasses. Have whatever dining I could get. My question is,it is my understanding the parks reach capacity early in the day and they close to all guests. Do they always reopen later in the day and at what time does that usually occur? I am hoping we can go to magic kingdom one night at 5pm but not sure it would reopen by that time. I'd love to hear other's experiences.

We were there last year Dec. 20-30. I think the MK was in a phase one closure briefly on Christmas Day in the early afternoon, but that's about it. We hopped around no problem and frequently headed to the MK late afternoon/early evening.

Haven't done Disney at Christmas in about 6 years but did at least 10 prior to that...we always got there before mid December and enjoyed the lull before the storm. The days leading up are pretty quiet..before the big day!

We would choose our park for Christmas Day, head over early and get 'counted in ' and then go to wilderness lodge for breakfast and relax in the rockers in front of the fireplace. Then we'd rent a pontoon and cruise around bay lake for a couple of hours before heading back to our park of choice around 5 fo dinner and a fun filled albeit packed evening. Great times..enjoy!

I am so happy for you!
We have been during the christmas madness,
a few things we did to enjoy the "madness'
We decorated our room with Christmas window clings.
Plugged in our inflatable Canadian Polar bear on the balcony.
We bought a small tree in the Christmas store in DTD.(I just set it up in our dining room this year).
We took our empty stockings and some flat gift wrap,tape with us...hung the stockings on the door handles....headed to downtown disney and bought each other 5 small gifts each. We opened our stockings Christmas morning and then headed over to resort restaurant--OKW Olivias for breakfast. (strawberries and whip cream and banana bread french toast). Christmas morning Santa Goofy was down by the boat dock so we got to say hi and take a few pictures. We spent half of the day chilling by the pool and in the early evening we went to DHS for hot chocolate and treats (Writers Shop) and to see the Osborne lights. Lots and lots of people but, not crazy like many experienced over at MK. We wore our santa and elf hats (dollar store) and had a blast all week.
Have a wonderful time making special Christmas memories!
Hugs Mel

PS
having a positive attitude goes a long way when crowds are high.
We gave out thank-you castmember cards and candy canes to the Castmembers.
Remember to stop and take in the "Magic details of Disney at Christmas".
Best wishes.

Last edited:
Mel, I love your ideas. We are actually offsite but got an ADR Christmas morning at Chef Mickey's for the 10 of us! Been to the park MANY times so we will just go with the flow as Crush would say. Can't wait!

The first closure is called Phase 1 which prevents those stay offsite to enter the park. If you have ADR reservations they will allow you in. If you must leave and return and they are at Phase 1 and it is after your ADR reservations you will not be allowed back in. So keep that in mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter