Help with booking on Disney Property.

HatBoxSteve

Earning My Ears
Hello all!

I've been to Disney 22 time and currently in the process of booking a semi-last minute trip in Mid August. My family had just gotten rid of their time share and I've never booked in Disney property before. I am on a budget and would like to get flight and hotel for under $600. I saw last month everything was about $470 for the value hotels but as we get closer to the date the prices are around $650. I guess my question would be is it worth waiting and seeing if the prices go down, the thought being as we get closer to August the prices will go down due to peak booking being over, or contact Disney and or a travel agent to find deals now?

Thank you so much in advance!

The rack rate prices were set almost a year ago. The summer discounts have already been announced. What you see is what you get. Disney doesn't need to do last minute discounts. You might check Orbitz. Sometimes they have a discount that you can add over and above a Disney discount when you book thru them.

You can get value for around $88. You could book now and if the do go down, doubtful, re-book.

Yes, I would book now since you are so close and on a tight budget.

They will let you make changes if new deals come out. We once booked a week before free dining was announced and we were able to snag it after a simple phone call.

But any new deals for August (a very busy season ) is doubtful. I would book ASAP or risk miss8out completely on your budgeted amount.

Good luck!

The only exception to this is if you move your trip to late August. Crowds will go down and prices may follow. We did this in 2010.

I am not sure where you live but schools start in the south and really most of the country in mid-August. We live ib Michigan where it is law that schools can't start until after Labor Day (it's supposed to help MI's tourism economy :sad:).

We took DS the last week of August before he started kindergarten. Crowds were great and we got an awesome rate. Even if your kids miss the fist few days of school (if they are young) it might be worth it for the crowds alone!!:flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter