Help with baby girl names

I love the name Adele, too. It is a very old fashion name and very uncommon. My best friend is named Adele and my name is Justine so we never had to use our last names in school bc our first names were pretty uncommon.

JustineMarie said:
I love the name Adele, too. It is a very old fashion name and very uncommon. My best friend is named Adele and my name is Justine so we never had to use our last names in school bc our first names were pretty uncommon.

Justine is my name too. And my mom chose it because it was uncommon (she first heard and fell in love with it from American Bandstand many, many years ago). Of course then in 4th grade we got a new student in my class mid-way through the year, and what was her name? You guessed it! So for the rest of elementary school I was Justine A. Who would have thought. She was from France and said the name is fairly common there so she was used to going by her last initial.

How about JOY!!!! I've got the JOY JOY JOY JOY down in my heart where? Down in my heart!!!! :cheer2:

Three cheears for JOY :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I have two boys had either one been a girl their name would have been Kallie. I adore that name......hope this was helpful

I went through the same thing. I have three boys and was pregnant and just had another baby in June. We didn't find out ahead of time what the gender was and were totally shocked when it was a girl! We named her Melissa. I teach school and haven't had many Melissa's. We decided on that name because we also thought it sounded good with her brothers' names, Douglas, Matthew and Mark. I like their names to flow well together for when we sign Christmas cards and such. After the delivery, I was still in shock that we had a girl and I remember asking my husband, "Do you think Melissa is an ok name because if I really thought we might have a girl, I would have spent more time thinking about it." Now, I am good with her name, but we were just joking today because she is going to think her name is "beautiful" because we call her that all the time.
Congratulations!

We have two girls princess: Margret "Maggie" Joanna and Elizabeth "Lizzie" Jamie, good luck!!! We went with the old fashioned NORMAL names, we didn't want anything too cutesy! Every time I thought of a name I tried to picture them as adults and I just couldn't see :confused3 a grandma named Brittany or Courtney?! Oh well ... too each his/her own!

mine are

Sarah Elizabeth
Jessica Mary

the name Jessica started out as a joke. We we really thought it was going to be a boy but we needed to pick a girl's name since we weren't finding out the sex of the baby. I wanted something that sounded good with Michael and Sarah, so DH said how about Jessica then we can name the next one Parker. :rolleyes:

Elizabeth Rose!

Even though the name Elizabeth is on the "top ten" name list, we rarely ever run into any. Maybe because most use a nickname? We thought we were having a boy also, but surprise, she's a girl!

Congratulations!

Our princesses names are Emily Margaret, Julia Elizabeth and Madeline Elaine (which is pronounced like Madelyn, not Madeline the book/tv character). All of their middle names have special meaning. Margaret was my great-grandmother's name, Elizabeth is my best friend since I was two and also Julia's godmother and Elaine is my middle name as well as my mother's and grandmother's.

I would have loved to have named one of the girls Margaret and called her Maggie, but DH said that reminded him of maggots. Gotta love him... :rotfl2:

My princess is Carla Janelle!
She rarely finds another Carla, so it's nice to be the only one!!!
I also wanted Stephanie, and my DH wanted Rochelle.

Hi, I have loved the name my dd has since I was a teen. I went to Dollywood one summer when I was 13. I was in a restroom and heard a mother say come on Kaylee, and I have been in love with the name ever since..... I told my mom that day if I ever had a baby girl her name would be Kaylee. She kinda laughed it off, and said " Jessica I hope you do get your little girl one day."

I was always told as a child and teen that I would never be able to have kids. You know old wifes tales!! I loved kids and kids loved me. Everyone would say " I have never seen a person that all children would go to." So, I was told by everyone that it was a sign that I would have no children...???????

So, I got married on Sept 8, 2001 and was preg in Feb 2002!!!! But, that is not the funny part. When my Dr. finally told us what we were having---- He said it is a BOY!. The whole time I was preg my precious little girl was a boy... I was sad, but it did not matter as long as my baby was healthy. Well, my BOY CAME OUT A GIRL!.... Good thing because my husband and I had no name for a boy... He kept bashing my ideas.... When my baby came out a girl...the nurse asked what is this little ones name.....

It was so funny... My mom, husband, and mother in law all said together..

Kaylee Madison.... hehehehehehe I drove them all nuts!!! I never gave up on my baby girl!!!! Even when they kept telling me I had a boy... I just knew she was a girl... I have loved that name almost all my life... She is truely my everthing and my life! :goodvibes

This story proves how God is the one that really knows what you need in your life and that tech is not always right....Wifes tales are not true either! I have learned a lot in my 26 years...LOL

So, I give a vote to the name

KAYLEE MADISON

We were looking for a "biblical name" for our dd, but we didn't want something that was extremely common like Rebecca, Sarah, Elizabeth, etc. We settled on Bethany Marie. "Bethany" wasn't a character in the bible, but it was the name of the town Lazarus was from. We have only come across a few Bethany's in the 3 1/2 years we've had ours, and they have all been older. It's nice because if she wants to shorten it later, she can be called Beth, but for now, she is adamant about being called BETHANY!

Our daughter that we are adopting this spring will be Ariel-Jadeyn Barbara. Barbara is for my mom, Ariel is of course for Disney. Jadeyn is for her Chinese heritage.

msbegin said:
WELL, how could I not post this.... there is a kid in my son's school whos Mom just had a baby girl & named her...... Disney!

WOW! I wanted to name my daughter Disney Claire SOOOOOOO Bad you have no idea. I've got to have a little Disney Claire! That's awesome!

We have a Delaney Kristine. She will tell you that Jimmy Buffet is singing HER song. Every body on DH's side of the family has to shorten it to Laney to go along with Logan (my DS), Leia, Lauren, Lindsey, Aunt Lois, and Aunt Linda. He was 3 months old before anyone pointed out to me that we did the
L-thing with Logan, I hadn't really thought about it, but I had firmly refused to name him Exavier Boureagard.

If my son had been a girl I wanted to use the name Sophie. Good luck choosing!

We have a Brecken Eve. If we would have had another girl I would have named her Kallie Rose. We decided that two worked well for us so I never had the chance. :love1:

Leah

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter