Help with ADRs

trauva

Earning My Ears
Hi. I get to make ADRs this week. I'm going with my husband and my 4 year old son -- it'll be his first trip to Disney. We are there from Wednesday - Sunday. Can you let me know your thoughts for my table-service meals?

Wed night -- Cape May Cafe (will be in Epcot until dinner-time)
Thurs night -- Be Our Guest dinner
Friday night -- The Wave ... of American Flavors (early dinner at hotel before going to Disney Springs)
Saturday -- 50s prime time cafe lunch
Sunday -- going to do a character meal -- deciding between Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, and Crystal Palace.

If there is a place that is a "must do" that I don't have, can you give me that feedback? Trying to figure things out ...

Can you advise which parks you're planning for which day? I think your choices are good but depending on where you'll be, there may be better recommendations that are also more convenient.

Just my opinion here, but have you considered any of the Disney Springs restaurants for your Friday night meal? The Wave is good but we didn't find it to be anything special, and much prefer Raglan Road at Disney Springs. Also, I noticed you aren't doing any of the World Showcase restaurants at Epcot. There are so many good, unique places there, many of which I would choose over Cape May. Biergarten and Via Napoli are my faves.

Good luck!

Stay away from Chef Mickey's. Otherwise, everything looks fine.

FWIW, we would pick 1900 Park Fare over the Crystal Palace, but they're both good.

Can you advise which parks you're planning for which day? I think your choices are good but depending on where you'll be, there may be better recommendations that are also more convenient.

Just my opinion here, but have you considered any of the Disney Springs restaurants for your Friday night meal? The Wave is good but we didn't find it to be anything special, and much prefer Raglan Road at Disney Springs. Also, I noticed you aren't doing any of the World Showcase restaurants at Epcot. There are so many good, unique places there, many of which I would choose over Cape May. Biergarten and Via Napoli are my faves.

Good luck!

I'm doing Disney with a really picky 4 year old for eating... So that's my hesitation on some of the other things.

Day 1 -- EPCOT
Day 2 -- MK
Day 3 -- MK - going back to hotel after lunch for pool/nap/relaxing
Day 4 -- HS
Day 5 -- Leave for airport around 12 -- maybe MK.

I'm doing Disney with a really picky 4 year old for eating... So that's my hesitation on some of the other things.

Day 1 -- EPCOT
Day 2 -- MK
Day 3 -- MK - going back to hotel after lunch for pool/nap/relaxing
Day 4 -- HS
Day 5 -- Leave for airport around 12 -- maybe MK.

I see. All restaurants have a kid's menu with some "normal" kid-like items, and with a picky eater, it may be better than paying buffet prices. Just something to consider. Based on your plans, I would do Chef Mickey's on your last day for convenience sake. We enjoy it there, but it's a loud and rowdy atmosphere. Crystal Palace is another good option if you decide to go to MK. I wouldn't go out of my way for 1900 PF, just personal preference.

I think Chef Mickey's would be fine for breakfast as opposed to dinner, esp. if it is right there at your hotel on departure day. My son used to love Whispering Canyon when he was little. (not so much for the food, but the atmosphere and bottomless shakes appealed to him).

I wouldn't do the Wave...it's not bad or anything, just nothing special. I would pick a restaurant at Disney Springs...maybe TRex?

I strongly suggest breakfast at The Crystal Palace. I think that place looks absolutely wonderful with the morning sunshine coming through all the windows. I have 3 young children (11, 9 and 6) and they have always liked The Crystal Palace the most. The food is good (not great, but I don't think any Disney restaurant has great food) and the experience is fantastic, especially if your child is into Winnie, Tigger and the gang.

Since this is your first visit, I would go ahead and do Chef Mickey's on your last day. The experience for kids (character interaction and monorails gliding overhead) is wonderful. Since it's most likely you're going to have breakfast, the food will be okay.

Hi. I get to make ADRs this week. I'm going with my husband and my 4 year old son -- it'll be his first trip to Disney. We are there from Wednesday - Sunday. Can you let me know your thoughts for my table-service meals?

Wed night -- Cape May Cafe (will be in Epcot until dinner-time)
Friday night -- The Wave ... of American Flavors (early dinner at hotel before going to Disney Springs)
Sunday -- going to do a character meal -- deciding between Chef Mickey's, 1900 Park Fare, and Crystal Palace.

If there is a place that is a "must do" that I don't have, can you give me that feedback? Trying to figure things out ...
I'm guessing that you're staying at Contemporary (since Wave is "early dinner at hotel before gong to Disney Springs.")

Next, before we ever traveled to Disney with our daughter, I read some Guidebooks and came away with two things:
1.) "Hotel swimming pool," is the most typical response when asked their favorite part of their Disney vacation,
2.) Most children can give about 4-hours of Park time before their stimuli needs to be changed.

And since we travel to Disney often enough, I'm gonna' suggest that you accept the fact that just about no food at Disney with a 4 y.o. is worth a large hassle.

So, to your selections:
Wed night -- Cape May Cafe (will be in Epcot until dinner-time).
-- Nothing wrong with Cape May, but after hours walking around Epcot, with many food selections, I'm not sure a buffet dinner without Characters is your best choice. Frankly, I would't have an ADR after being in Epcot. Also, going resort to resort is not easy at Disney. You're going to have to take bus from Yacht & Beach Club to Magic Kingdom and then walk over to Contemporary - this is not a big deal, but you should know. If you really want seafood - Narcoossee's is a better choice and closer to Contemporary. If you really want to visit the Boardwalk, go without an ADR and stop in at someplace like ESPN Zone or for ice cream.

-- Best value table service in MK. We love dinner here. And then you can meet The Beast too. Ask to be seated in the West Wing dining room.

-- We are Disney Vacation Club members at Bay Lake / Contemporary. We've tried to like The Wave. There are many better choices at Disney Springs. Also, you can have a similar 'fun' lunch experience (like 50's Prime Time) at nearby Whispering Canyon (boat ride to Wilderness Lodge). Bus to Disney Springs is the same from any resort.

-- I have found some young children do not understand the formica details. And some young children do not like the darkness of Sci-Fi. This is a personal choice depending on your family. For the money, I prefer the food at Prime Time (huge portions that can be shared) and their margaritas.

In order of food quality - 1900, Crystal, Chef Mickey's
In order of fun for young children - Chef Mickey's, Crystal, 1900

If it's about the adults and food, 1900 Park Fare.
If it's about convenience to your hotel (assuming Contemporary), Chef Mickey's.
If it's about having a long day in MK, Crystal Palace.

There are no must do places in Disney with a 4 y.o. Maybe, maybe, maybe if you were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, I'd suggest Sanaa. But this is really not worth the hassle unless you're maybe driving yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter