Help with ADR's

Pamwest

Earning My Ears
Hi. My husband and I are heading to Disneyworld for the very first time sept 15th to the 21st!!!. We are staying at PO riverside and have added the free dining to our stay (thanks for the early notice guys!). After more reading I realized that I really need to make dining reservations, and soon, the problem is I have no idea where I'm going to be what day and what time. How do you make reservations?

These are the reservations I made after a quick google search of popular restaurants and a sudden realization that its better to have something and not need it then to have nothing. Are there any tips for making reservations without having your days planned out to the first and last moment? Or do you really need to plan that much? Apart from the lunch at animal kingdom on wednesday will these other places/times be easy to work around? Will later times make it easier? Any tips or suggestions will be much appreciated.

Sunday night - Portobello Country Italian Trattoria
7:15 PM - Dinner
Downtown disney

Monday night - Coral Reef Restaurant
6:05 PM - Dinner
Epcot®

Tuesday night - Be Our Guest Restaurant
6:45 PM - Dinner
Magic kingdom

Wednesday Lunch - Sanaa
1:00 PM - Lunch
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village

Thursday night - Whispering Canyon Cafe
Wilderness lodge

Friday night - Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant
Disney's Hollywood Studios®

Do you have parkhoppers? If so, you don't need to plan quite as much. But it is helpful to at least have a rough schedule to work around. Later ADR's are nice because they don't interrupt your day. Just keep travel time in mind. You may need at least 45 minutes to get there (depending on where you are and need to go), and another 45 to wherever you're going afterward. Congrats on snagging a BOG ressie! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reply. We do have park hoppers, i liked the flexibility of it. I changed the Sunday night to the crystal palace so then we can stay for the electrical parade and fireworks. Maybe if I stick with later reservations for the rest of the week and then we will have time to make it there from wherever we ended up that day. I am a planner usually, just didnt realise that disneyworld would require so much, and just not even able to imagine what it's going to be like.

Another thing to keep in mind is show times. MSEP will probably start around 8, Wishes at 9. Allow an hour for dinner, and have time to line up for the parade about 1/2 hr before it starts for a good spot.

I know planning can be a little maddening, especially for your first time. Try not to get too frustrated or overwhelmed. At least you have parkhoppers so if you do happen miss something one day, you can go back to it. Hope you have a magical trip! September is a great time to go. :)

Since Whispering Canyon is at the Wilderness Lodge, it's easiest to get to if you are spending your day at MK.

Ok now that I've got my head around it all it is kind of fun! My new ressies are

Sunday - Crystal palace 6.30pm, finish in time for parade and fireworks and stay for emh

Monday - Epcot day, probably have a bit of a sleep in, dinner at coral reef 7.25

Tuesday - magic kingdom. crystal palace 0810, BOG 1845. Park closes at 7pm

Wednesday - animal kingdom. Dinner at saana

Thursday - Hollywood studios, lunch at sci-fi. Dinner at whispering canyon 1945

Friday - not sure, probably magic kingdom again. Have breakfast booked at Ohana and dinner at Kouzinna but not set on either of them. Would like a Ohana dinner but they only have times left after nine and that's to late, but will keep trying.

We got lucky when we chose to go in September. Even though its hot, low crowds and free dining will make it worth it.

Thanks for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter