Help With a Good Recipe for Baby Back Ribs

Figment22

Hulk, MIB and MLB Fan!
I never seem to have any luck with BBQ ribs. Does anyone have a good recipe/cooking method for baby backs? Also, do you just grill your ribs or do you pre-cook them some other way prior to grilling them? I'd love some good ribs for Fourth of July without having to go to a rib place!

Thanks.

Hi Lisa :)

I always par-boil my back ribs, and they turn out juicy and tender everytime!

It's a recipe I got from our newspaper years ago, and I've been very happy with it.

After I've cleaned and trimmed them, I cut them into 3 or 4 rib pieces. Place them in a stock pot (or dutch oven), and add just enough water to cover them.

Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, giving a stir to the ones on the bottom to make sure they don't stick. Once the water is boiling, skim the surface and reduce the heat to a simmer. If you wish, at this point you can add some chopped onion, celery, and a few bay leaves. Cover, and let simmer for an hour.

When they're finished simmering, turn off the heat and let them cool in the pot liquid (covered) for at LEAST an hour, until about room temperature. This is very important!

When cool, drain and refrigerate until ready to grill. Make sure you oil your grill, and then use whatever bbq sauce you prefer. It will only take about 15-20 minutes to "finish" them on the grill because they are already fully cooked. Be careful handling them, because they will be very tender.

I often par-boil them, and then freeze them until I need them.

I hope this helps, and enjoy your barbecue! :)

Kim

Kim,

Thanks very much. Sounds like they will be fall-off-the-bone yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter