• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help with 2nd half of trip.

Mazel

Proud Navy Mom
We're going to be in SCA Jan 19-26. We arrive early evening on the 19 and leave at 11:30 am on the 26th.

We're doing DLR 20,21,22. Getting up on the 23rd and have to vacate our room. We thought we'd do San Diego for the 23, 24, maybe drive back up on the 25th and check out Hollywood and LA.

I'd love some great hotel recommendations. We have a 6 y/o so we figured SD Zoo not so sure about Seaworld and no to LegoLand.

I'd like to see more of the City and things like that. Our little guy is good with that kind of stuff.

So actually we need 2 hotel recommendations. San Diego and I guess near the Airport.

Hey there! Just to clarify, are you flying into and out of LAX/SNA/LGB? Or were you planning to fly in near Disneyland and then fly out of San Diego?

We are flying in and out of LGB.

I was looking at maps this evening and I'm thinking we'll take a day to drive down to San Diego and do some coast things (the 23rd) Spend 24th at SD Zoo and then still have the 25th to drive back up and maybe do some Hollywood things. There is so much I'd love to do, but time is limited.

We are flying in and out of LGB.

I was looking at maps this evening and I'm thinking we'll take a day to drive down to San Diego and do some coast things (the 23rd) Spend 24th at SD Zoo and then still have the 25th to drive back up and maybe do some Hollywood things. There is so much I'd love to do, but time is limited.

Okay perfect. I was going to suggest either seeing LA before you head to San Diego, or right before you head back up to the airport, so it sounds like we were on the same page there. Just please keep in mind that traffic around there is HORRIBLE, and it looks like Jan. 25th is a Friday, wlhich means it can be even worse! A lot of people from LA come down to San Diego for the weekend and vice versa, so Fridays aren't a good day to be on the roads in the afternoon. If you're planning to head up on the 25th, do it either really early (like leaving at 6:30-7 in the morning) or wait until about 9:00, right after the morning commute. You won't want to be on the roads anytime after about 2 or 3:00 PM for that drive or you'll get really stuck.

I work at the zoo so if you have more questions about your visit, don't hesitate to ask (you can PM me, as I don't check this part of the boards as often as the main Disneyland one).

As far as hotels, if you want somewhere located near the beach yet still pretty close to the zoo, you'll want to look into the Mission Beach/Bay area. If you care less about beach but more about proximity to the zoo, then stay in Old Town, Hotel Circle, or Downtown. Unfortunately since I live here in San Diego, I'm not the best resource on which hotels to stay in other than location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter