• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help will I make it to Airport on time

memouse

Earning My Ears
Hi we are on the Dream 27th Mar and return on 1st April thinking of booking 10:00am flight out??? what do you think will we make it to the airport on time?? Im kind of nervous. Help from all please..

I think you have a slim to none chance of making a 10:00 AM flight. And that's no April Fools joke. DCL recommends that you not make your flight out until at 12:00 pm at the earliest.

You would have to hope that there are no customs issues and be the first ones of the ship as soon as it is cleared. It takes 45 minutes to an hour to get to MCO without traffic. You still need to check bags and get through security. It would be very very close.

I don't think a slim to none chance of making a 10:00 AM flight. And that's no April Fools joke. DCL recommends that you not make your flight out until at 12:00
pm at the earliest.

You would have to hope that there are no customs issues and be the first ones of the ship as soon as it is cleared. It takes 45 minutes to an hour to get to MCO without traffic. You still need to check bags and get through security. It would be very very close.

DITTO DITTO DITTO!!

If you have to take a much later flight out of MCO, you can get a room at the MCO Hyatt for a much lower rate than overnight and stretch out in the room, use the pool, whatever. And their people will even take your bags down to the airport check in desk if you need help with that.

We had tickets through Delta and did not check in 45 minutes prior to our flight(it was 40) and had to reschedule our flight, pay extra and then missed our connecting flight to California. Never flying Delta again!

Why stress over getting there on time?

Thanks everyone :) I kinda had that feeling we wouldn't make it but wanted to ask. booked the 2:35 flight instead so all is good :)

The earliest we have ever booked a return flight was 11:45. We made it in plenty of time but had our own towncar service picking us up at 8:45 a.m. I think 10 a.m. is way too early even if you got right off the ship and on a bus, it's an hour ride and you have to have time to go through security. Plus, they don't always start debarking at 8 a.m. One time we waited until 8:30 a.m. before they even opened the doors!

We had tickets through Delta and did not check in 45 minutes prior to our flight(it was 40) and had to reschedule our flight, pay extra and then missed our connecting flight to California. Never flying Delta again!

That doesn't appear to be Delta's fault!

That isn't Delta's fault - those are TSA regulations.

Ahhh, watching the show "Pan Am" and seeing those glorious days when you walked up to the desk, handed in your ticket and boarded the plane. No security, no lines. Yep, those days are gone. Even for domestic flights, we get to the airport at least two hours ahead. I'd rather be sitting in the food court waiting then sitting in traffic or a security line panicking ;)

We got caught in a backup at security and barely made a 12:35 pm flight. We were at the airport by 10:15 am, and in the security line, boarding pass in hand by 10:30 am. MCO can be interesting.

We recently had a 11:15 flight and made it with plenty of time. All went well this time, but I would normally choose a 12 or later flight. This was our only choice because of the airline schedule so we had to risk it. I was third or fourth in line to get off the Magic, and was on the first bus to the airport. We could have made a 10:30 flight that day, but everything went perfect and I would not be willing to risk it for an upcoming trip. I think you would make most 11:00 flights, but you would not make some. I think you would miss a majority of 10:00 flights.

By the way now at MCO, they do not want you to go through security until 2 hours before your scheduled departure. I do not know how well this in enforced, but they have signs out at the checkpoints.

And don't forget, even if you make it in time, if you don't check in during the recommended time, the airline can, and often does, give your seat away. This is especially a possibility on overbooked flights.

And then there was the cruise - I think it was our 2008 EB Panama crossing - where all debarkation was delayed until they located a particular passenger. We didn't get off that day until after 10 am. You just never know what might occur on return to Port Canaveral - so I'm with everyone else - it's NOT worth the stress of a too-early return flight. I think you made a great choice with the post 2pm flight.:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter