• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! Which TS meals to choose!!!

Ambrode

Earning My Ears
We are currently over booked 1 meal... I'd like to just pay for it. But my in-laws aren't seeing it that way. We only need to cut 1, which would you cut?
1900 Park Fare - dinner
Crystal Palace - dinner
Coral Reef - dinner
Tusker House - lunch
Rainforest Cafe - dinner
T-rex - lunch
Hollywood and Vine - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - breakfast

RFC. As stated, it is very similar to T-Rex, and T-Rex is just cooler, IMHO.

Even though you are very heavy on buffets, I'd probably also cancel RFC.

I have never been impressed with RainForest. Slowest service in Disney (Actually having tried them other places it's just a chain speciality!)

I agree with the others. Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex are very similar. Having done them both, I personally like T-Rex better for both food and setting. I haven't been to Coral Reef. Every trip I make an ADR, but after reading the reviews I always cancel it. From the reviews, Coral Reef seems to be very hit and miss, but that is just my opinion. Have a great time! :wave2:

I'm going the total opposite... I'd cancel t-rex. We went there in march and the food was aweful!!! But we love rainforest. But everyone is different, and being that they are similar, if cancel one of these.

As others stated T-Rex & Rainforest are about one and the same, just different decor. We didn't like either one, but it was mainly the noise and lights. Also, are not fans of Coral Reef, but really on your list, I would cut T-Rex.

To confuse you more- we had 3 great meals at TRex and RFC. Portions and service were great. We ended up at RFC twice after we cancelled a different ADR. And the H&V breakfast was a highlight of our trip. Again food and service as well as characters were great. I'd cut Coral Reef.

I too have heard from friends that Coral reef is hit or miss and so we have never gone. I'd cut that one. Also it would depend on if you're travelling with kids and their age? I think kids would like RFC and TREX more so than coral reef based on our DS8.

Oh yeah, guess I should have mentioned that. There's 8 in our party, including a 4yo, a 3yo and a 2yo. :)
Thanks for the suggestions im thinking of cutting RFC... two sit downs in one day may be a lot for the littles anyway.

On that list I've only been to Crystal Palace and Rainforest Cafe. You can go to a Rainforest Cafe in many places, not just WDW...so that might be a good reason to not go. It's also, like others have said, supposed to be quite similar to T-Rex. I do like the food at Rainforest Cafe and think kids would love it.

I've read some not great reviews about Hollywood and Vine, so that would be my pick to cut if you don't have a Rainforest Cafe near you.

Oh yeah, guess I should have mentioned that. There's 8 in our party, including a 4yo, a 3yo and a 2yo. :)
Thanks for the suggestions im thinking of cutting RFC... two sit downs in one day may be a lot for the littles anyway.

I was going to suggest cutting Coral Reef too (really hated our meal there) but seeing your post, I agree that you want to probably cut RFC. I think you're right that 2 TS meals in one day might be too much for the kids.

We are currently over booked 1 meal... I'd like to just pay for it. But my in-laws aren't seeing it that way. We only need to cut 1, which would you cut?
1900 Park Fare - dinner
Crystal Palace - dinner
Coral Reef - dinner
Tusker House - lunch
Rainforest Cafe - dinner
T-rex - lunch
Hollywood and Vine - breakfast
Chef Mickeys - breakfast
I would skip Hollywood and Vine. I'm assuming you are on the DDP. Unless it's a character breakfast I typically think breakfast's aren't the best use of a dining credit.
ETA: Oops, I didn't notice RFC. That was my least fav meal on our last trip....although the kids did seem to like it!

I was going to say H&V because I didn't realize it was a character breakfast...it sounds like fun! So maybe TH or RFC because like you said, 2 TS meals in one day may be a lot unless one is breakfast and one is dinner.

I would probably cut either T-Rex or RFC. Both are very similar and not very unique or good. Also, be aware that the restaurant can be loud (there are "meteor showers", etc.) that the little ones may or may not like. Since you know them best, I would think about this before going.

I also have to agree with PPs regarding Coral Reef. The food is really not good. I don't know if you chose to go there because of the fish tank but you could always visit the Nemo attraction that has tons of fish tanks. I would definitely suggest that you try on of the restaurants in the world showcase. It is a great experience and they are some of the best restaurant in the park at WDW. All of the restaurants are kid friendly but Teppan Edo and Via Napoli are both great for kid and have great food. Teppan Edo is a hibachi restaurant (they cook the food in front of you) and Via Napoli has some of the best pizza I have ever had (they also have plated entrees). :goodvibes

We do not have a RFC near us, but it's still on the chopping block.
Im kindda sad to hear such bad things about H&V. It is in fact a character meal with some of the kids favorites (Manny, Oso, Jake and June) :/
We did pick Coral Reef because of the fish tanks and thought the kids would love it, im also dissapointed to hear it's not that good. But glad I asked. Hopefully we can get a reservation at a different place now. But 14 days out with 8 of us Im thinking probably not...
Thanks for everyones input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter