HELP - Which Resort?

maria & rossi

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, Please help us decide. We can't decide which resort to stay at next year. We alway love staying at the CBR and have done every year since on ds was 1yr (he's now 10yrs). This year we can get SS or OKW for $100 more for a 1 bed villa for 9 nights or pay $100 less for CBR Preferred location. This is a special offer being offered on the UK disney site. There will be me, dh, dd(age15) and ds(age10). We are always pulled back to CBR and a bit worried about changing but this deal seems really good. What do you guys think? Thank for you help, Maria :banana:

I have stayed at both, we own at SSR but not OKW, OKW is a very nice resort and the rooms are huge, there is never going to be space issues at OKW. Going with 2 kids I would choose SSR over OKW just because the whole pool and lobby area were better and the proximity to DTD and all of the amenities ytou can find there.

We prefer Saratoga, but opinions vary. We like being a little closer to DTD, and we like the grounds better. You may find it less themed than CBR, but you still know you are at WDW.

There's always tension in changing it up...but IMHO it adds to the Disney fun and adventure. Have a great trip!

I understand why you always find yourself going back to CBR...it's our favorite resort! So, given the options you have...I would still pick CBR over SSR and OKW. Neither one of those resorts really appeal to me. CBR also just completed a renovation to the main pool and it looks awesome!

The 1 bedroom is well worth the extra $100. I have stayed at both OKW and SSR and like both for different reasons. I love the spacious rooms and mature landscaping at OKW and I love SSR's close proximity to DTD. The main pool at SSR is also nicer the OKW. If you are doing the meal plan, OKW just isn't set up for that so definitely stay at SSR if doing the DDP. Have a great vacation.

A villa is a very different vacation experience compared to a regular room. So much more space and with the one BR you would have privacy from your kids. (For me, that's a requirement for an enjoyable vacation!)

You could also take advantage of bringing less clothes and use the full-size washer and dryer in the villa.

If you're not on the DDP you can order food delivered and do some cooking. For me nine days of restaurant food would be too much.

OKW is my home resort, but I have toured SSR. OKW villas are huge in comparison and the fullygrown foliage to me is a plus. SSR is still new enough (and the buildings are taller) that everything seems very bare.

Thanks everyone. I think it will be SS, just a bit scary changing resort after going to CBR for so long and loving it so much, but we really could do with more space now the kids are older. Does anyone know if the sofa beds a pre made and are they comfy? We are not booking through DVC, so we should have full mousekeeping. Thanks again, Maria

That's a tough one. . . We love CBR too :cloud9: , and when we stay anywhere else we have been disappointed. OKW and SSR are probably the 2 deluxes that I have the least interest in. But it is fun trying something new and the price is right. . . Boy, I'm not much help here!

We are going back to CBR this time to see the new rehab and the new pool! :yay:

Good luck with your decision. If you decide to try something new, CBR will always be there for your next trip! :goodvibes

That's a tough one. . . We love CBR too :cloud9: , and when we stay anywhere else we have been disappointed. OKW and SSR are probably the 2 deluxes that I have the least interest in. But it is fun trying something new and the price is right. . . Boy, I'm not much help here!

We are going back to CBR this time to see the new rehab and the new pool! :yay:

Good luck with your decision. If you decide to try something new, CBR will always be there for your next trip! :goodvibes

Still not sure, more space would be good but.... You will love the new pool at the CBR. My family were one of the first to use the pool in September and the refurb rooms were also very good. Enjoy your stay. Maria

Still not sure, more space would be good but.... You will love the new pool at the CBR. My family were one of the first to use the pool in September and the refurb rooms were also very good. Enjoy your stay. Maria

Yes, extra space would be great! That's one (of many) of the reasons we prefer CBR over the other moderates. So the extra space of a deluxe would be great.

I am so excited about the new pool!! That must have been so fun to be one of the first families in it!! :goodvibes

Yes, extra space would be great! That's one (of many) of the reasons we prefer CBR over the other moderates. So the extra space of a deluxe would be great.

I am so excited about the new pool!! That must have been so fun to be one of the first families in it!! :goodvibes

It was. We were there 19 nights and the kids had been watching the workers through the fence everyday and then on the last day they got to go in. Oh just talking about it make me feel home sick for the CBR... Enjoy

:banana: :banana: :banana:

I think what ever resort or villa you choose it will be wonderful. Going to Disney and now having a new place to explore is just adding to the excitement!:thumbsup2

We've decided.... We're going to SSR. Can anyone help with which building we should we request? We like to be near the food court/games room/pool and it would be nice to beable to walk to DTD. We are booking a 1 bed villa, will the sofa bed be pre made for us, we are not booking through DVC? Thanks sooooo much for all your help, Maria

We've decided.... We're going to SSR. Can anyone help with which building we should we request? We like to be near the food court/games room/pool and it would be nice to beable to walk to DTD. We are booking a 1 bed villa, will the sofa bed be pre made for us, we are not booking through DVC? Thanks sooooo much for all your help, Maria

The sofa bed will be folded up when you arrive. You can always ask them to unfold it and make it up before check-in, but it may not happen. I would think that after you arrive you could leave a note for mousekeeping and they will make it up for you daily.

You will LOVE the space of the 1 bedroom! We occasionally splurge for one and it's a special treat. I haven't stayed at SSR but DS has and he says it's now his fave resort (he has also stayed at WL, BW, POP, CSR).

Since you like the beach theme I would stick with OKW. I found SSR to be more like an apartment complex. I did not feel like I was on vacation.

We did stay in the Springs section and it is the closest to the pool etc. I cannot put my finger on it but it was just not my style at all.

I think OKW also has a boat to DTD so you could utilize the restaurants etc.

Also- on the DVC forum there is a ton of info on both with photos etc. There is an SSR lovers thread and OKW lovers thread. I would read both and look at the photos of both. Good luck!

(by the way...you will LOVE a one bedroom)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter