• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HELP! Which do I do???

knottmel1

Mouseketeer
So we are going to be in MK on Friday, Nov 16th. That is the only day of our trip that the Very Merry Mickey Christmas Parade will be happening. We currently have reservations, with the rest of our party, for Chef Mickey...right in the middle of the parade! :confused3 Which do we do. My DS will be 5 1/2. Would he enjoy the parade or the dinner more. I want to do everything...ahhh!
Thanks in advance for your advice!

For me, it's a no-brainer. I'd do the parade. :santa: You can always do Chef Mickey's another day or on another trip.

Are you aware that the parade takes place during Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party and that you need tickets for the party to be able to see it?

I know that there is an extra cost for the parade. I am just wondering if it would be worth the extra $.

Parade!

You can always do the meal another time on the trip, or even on a later trip. I haven't been to the Christmas Parade, but we did the Halloween one last year and there is no comparison between one of the special "event" nights and a meal with characters.

So we are going to be in MK on Friday, Nov 16th. That is the only day of our trip that the Very Merry Mickey Christmas Parade will be happening. We currently have reservations, with the rest of our party, for Chef Mickey...right in the middle of the parade! :confused3 Which do we do. My DS will be 5 1/2. Would he enjoy the parade or the dinner more. I want to do everything...ahhh!
Thanks in advance for your advice!

Do Mickey's very Merry Christmas party! It's not just a parade, it's also fireworks, free cookies and hot chocolate, and a bunch of characters out in Christmas sweaters and such. The rides also have such short lines because a lot of people skip it due to it being the same cost as a park ticket for one day. So less people. :thumbsup2 Call and see if you can get your reservation earlier or make one somewhere else? You can venture over to the food courts at other hotels like the Polynesian or Port Orleans for a really good and unique meal if you're unable to find a nice ADR.

Thank you all for your input. I have cancelled our dinner with Chef Mickey. Our trip advisor is going to keep an eye out for any other openings at Chef Mickey. I am so excited about the Christmas Party!
:banana:

I would call or check online everyday to try to get an earlier reservation there before the party. You said your trip advisor was going to check, but if it was me, I would be looking everyday. Once the CRT was totally booked (back before online reservations), I called every single day and we did get a reservation a couple of weeks before our vacation.

MVMCP is five hours long, from 7:00pm until Midnight. It is extra cost. You would have to allow at least two full hours to get from MK to CM, eat, and return to MK. This is 40% of the Party time. If CM is slow and you have to wait, you will be using up more of the Party time.

I would strongly suggest get rid of the CM reservation. It at all possible, change it to a different day.

You can enter the park starting at 4:00 for the special parties even though the ticket states 7:00. This is to prevent bottlenecks right at the start if the party. We have always done this and have never had a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter