Help which 5E room would you pick

Our group is staying in rooms 9674, 9176 and 9174 in May 2014 :-) You shouldn't be able to hear anything that much or at all :-) Super excited!

or room 8188?

You didn't say Fantasy or Dream, but either way 8188 is probably the best aft cabin on the ship. Being center aft, it is extra deep, and extra wide. In comprison, on the Fantasy, on deck nine, 9674 gets that extra width, not 9176 (but not depth). On the Dream, though connecting, 9176 I believe gets both the width and depth.

In summary, 8188 is the best choice.

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. I'm booked in 9672 for our 3/16/14 Dream sailing. A little nervous about being aft.

We stayed on Deck 10 last time and the noise, running feet, and scooting chairs from Deck 11 was bad. I'm just not sure if this is a compromise but that's a great view!!!

I am trying to decide between the 5E and 4A room.

Wondering if the 5E rooms, which are AFT correct (?), get much sunlight? Any picture I have seen, the veranda's seem to be in shade. Would love to be able to sit out and suntan on these veranda's. Also, are people able to look over their railing and see down onto your veranda?

Thanks for the help!!

I am trying to decide between the 5E and 4A room.

Wondering if the 5E rooms, which are AFT correct (?), get much sunlight? Any picture I have seen, the veranda's seem to be in shade. Would love to be able to sit out and suntan on these veranda's. Also, are people able to look over their railing and see down onto your veranda?

Thanks for the help!!

They get plenty of sun, and are only half-covered. If you are at the uncovered part, then yes, those above you can see down onto your veranda. Not sure what you have planned for doing out there, though . . .

We have 10158 on May 31 2014. Really looking forward to it. We had considered an ocean view but the price difference was marginal so we splurged. Tried to get a starboard side but they seemed to all be taken. I like having the corner though.

You didn't say Fantasy or Dream, but either way 8188 is probably the best aft cabin on the ship. Being center aft, it is extra deep, and extra wide. In comprison, on the Fantasy, on deck nine, 9674 gets that extra width, not 9176 (but not depth). On the Dream, though connecting, 9176 I believe gets both the width and depth.

In summary, 8188 is the best choice.

OOPS, it is on the Dream and we confirmed 8188 this morning, we are so excited!

Good choice. :thumbsup2

note, there is some vibration in the back. It didn't bother us, it has bothered others. Just want to make sure you are aware.

We've stayed in 10656 and been woken up by the vibration. Kids slept through it. We learned what to move and put towels under to avoid the more obnoxious noises. I also threaded a towel through the hangers and that kept them separated. Each time we woke up it was about time to get moving anyway. Pulling into CC being awakened by the vibration was a blessing as it allowed us to catch a view of a sea turtle right next to the ship.

I booked 8188 for the Fantasy.
Had no idea it was "the" cabin to get.
Last summer cruised on the Fantasy and had room 5150, which had the double wide veranda and it extended out as well. It has now been reclassified and didn't think it was worth the price, so decided to try something different and cruise in the back of the ship, something we have never done before. So looking forward to having a large veranda again.

I too read reviews about the aft cabins and what I read was there was a problem with soot, but that the stateroom host was really good at cleaning it up each day.

We had people looking down on us also in the extended veranda we had this past summer........didn't bother us, in fact I think it made the people looking down at us more uncomfortable if we caught them looking! If we didn't want to be seen, we just sat closer to the door, not an issue at all.

Anyone that has stayed in either 10658 or 10158, did you feel the verandah was smaller than the others on the back of the ship?

We were in 9674 in August. Fantastic room! Loved the large verandah and the location was perfect. You do get great views of castaway. I woke up to the vibrations the first morning, thought to myself that this must be the vibrations I've heard about and promptly went back to sleep. Slept through it every other morning. My husband and son never noticed them.

As for privacy, people can look down on you if you are standing at the railing. If you are towards the cabin, they cannot see you. It is partially shaded and partially sunny. We put our swimsuits out on the loungers in the sun to dry while we were docked.

I think you will be very happy with this room. The verandah is quite large. 9176 is slightly larger as it is dead center of the ship but it's not by much.

:3dglasses. 8188 looks amazing! You guys who snagged it are very lucky indeed. Congratulations!

We have stayed in 10658 and have it booked for April 2014 again. Love the room, no issues that were concerning to us. The Cabanas noise others have reported we did not notice, but that might be because we were up in Cabanas early each morning making noise! :rolleyes1. We're definitely all early risers, never up past 6:30, and usually much earlier than that, even the kids...so I guess if you like to sleep in YMMV.

We stayed in room 10658 in June and loved the balcony. Our facebook page toured each others room and everyone loved our balcony. We had around 20 people on it at one time during the tour. We loved it so much that we booked it again for our 2014 cruise. It had 2 chairs, a table and a lounger on the balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter