HELP! Where to take DBF's DMom

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by DisKate, Jan 28, 2009.

1. DisKate

DisKate DIS Veteran

Ok here's the problem. My boyfriend's mom is treating us to a Disney Spring Break, so we want to do something nice for her in return (she's going with us). We already have reservations at Chef Mickey's (she loves the Mouse) but are wondering if there is somewhere else we should take her since we went there the last time we went.

Any suggestions?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. sisaaliyah

sisaaliyah Mouseketeer

How about Jiko's at the AKL? I've read GREAT reviews on this place and the filet w/ mac 'n cheese has caught my eye. It wasn't even a place I was interested in until I saw it scanning reviews. Plus it'll give me a reason to visit AKL.

4. rudetreehill

rudetreehill Mouseketeer

My dad and mom both LOVED Boma, the buffet over at Animal Kingdom Lodge. In fact, we're going again in March, and my dad insisted we go there at least once, if not more, and everyone in our party loved it. It's a buffet, but unconventional with lots of interesting things on it.

My parents also loved the Primetime 50's Diner at MGM. My dad was put in the corner for being a bad boy, my mom had the entire restaurant wave their finger at her and call her a liar (long story) and my sister was playfully forced to eat her string beans. Plus, the food was really good!

5. ROEDISNEY

ROEDISNEY DIS Veteran My name

Some Suggestions:
    Wave- good food
    Kona Cafe- good food
    GF Cafe -Good Food
    CP- good food & fun
    Ohanna - good food
    1900 Park Fare - good food & fun
    Teppen Edo- good food & fun
    Coral Reef - good food & fun
    Tutto- good food
    LC- good food
    50's Prime Time- good food & fun
    WCC - good food & fun
    HDDR- good food & a lot of fun
    BYBBQ - good food & a lot of fun

6. onelilspark

onelilspark DIS Veteran

If she's my parents' age, she'll love 50s Prime Time with the decor.

Or how about Grand Floridian Cafe?

7. MickeyNicki

MickeyNicki It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a

How about the tea at the GF?

8. DisKate

DisKate DIS Veteran

Jiko could def. be a possibility since she has wanted to see AKL and hasn't been there before....We will probably keep Chef Mickey's as well, simply because she likes the characters....I should probably have mentioned that she isn't a big eater, most of the time she just snacks, which makes it hard to pick out something that would be special for her....

9. stoudt6

stoudt6 Mouseketeer

How about something a little different at the Boardwalk like Flying Fish Cafe or Spoodles. That being said you can never go wrong with Boma or the experience of JIKO.

10. vacationwoman

vacationwoman DIS Veteran

If she likes peaceful and upscale feeling, go to the Brown Derby in HS. You don't see many people talking about it but it's great. :thumbsup2

11. DisKate

DisKate DIS Veteran

Thanks for the help everyone :thumbsup2
    I believe that we have made our decision...We are going to do dinner at Chef Mickey's and take the Keys to the Kingdom tour :cool1:
    Thanks for the suggestions!