HELP!- What to buy the DH who has everything for christmas?

snomofinn

Queen of MY castle
Iam hoping someone could come up with some good ideas for me. Every year I say the same thing when it comes to Christmas.."I wish I could come up with something different for my DH". Every year, it's the same ol' thing, clothes..Iam SICK of buy him clothes for christmas. He has everything...Help me!! He does not like sports, in the 23 years we've been married the only time he watches sports is when were invited to a super bowl party. His hobbies include boating, snowmobiling, riding ATVs, collects old hotwheels from the 60's. He has everything he needs for the boat, for snowmobiling, and the ATVs, so that stuff is out of the question. He works long hours and spends alot of time at his desk in the evening. He doesnt like to read magazines, I tried the subscription thing a few years ago. He's not into the whole "electronics", or computers (that's my job). He doesnt have any fav. movies or music. I've ask family members and they just look at me with the same confused look as I get. I hope someone out there has some great idea for me!:thumbsup2

What about some cologne, an Ebay gift card to buy hotwheels with, or beer or wine of the month membership? Does he have an Ipod? That would be great for him to listen to music, watch movies or keep pictures on it while he is at his desk all day.

How about a portable GPS? He could use it in the car and when he's off-roading on the ATV.

Does he like beer? You could get him a membership to a Beer of the Month Club.

Does he like to watch movies? You could join Blockbuster All Access.

How about a snowmobiling trip? When we lived in Upstate New York, there were places that offered snowmobiling weekends.

How about a romantic vacation for just the two of you?

How about a new wallet full of gift cards that he can use for gas and lunches out?

I like the beer of the month idea, I wonder where I could get more information about that? He doesnt really listen to music so, an Ipod would not be a good thing. The atv's have a gps type system on them. I buy cologne every year as well, he has enough of that..Keep the suggestion rolling!

If he spends a lot of time at his desk, how about making him more comfortable? A foot massager, or one of those pads that you can put in a chair that vibrates/massages? ;)

Does he have any favorite TV shows? There are a lot of boxed sets out there, and lots of new ones coming out this holiday season.

Car wash gift certificates

Movie and restaurant gift certificates for the two of you so you can have a some "date" nights.

Be sure to check the aisle at the stores for some cool holiday promotional Hot Wheel items. Even though he collects the old cars, he might get a kick out of some funny novelty items.

Food - nuts and candy go over well with all the men in my family. My hard-to-shop for brother is happiest with a giant can of mixed nuts and bag of peanut M&M's

Office stuff such as a funny coffee mug, quality travel mug, desk organizer, candy dish for work

Food - nuts and candy go over well with all the men in my family. My hard-to-shop for brother is happiest with a giant can of mixed nuts and bag of peanut M&M's

Office stuff such as a funny coffee mug, quality travel mug, desk organizer, candy dish for work

That's funny you say that, my mom gets him 2lbs of cashews every Christmas with his gift! He doesnt drink coffee, and has many travel mugs...Great ideas though!

Even though he doesn't like sports...he might still enjoy the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Depending on how much you'd normally spend, he could either do the ride-along or actually drive the car. Plus this time of year they have special promos that usually get posted on this board -- so keep an eye out if you might be interested.

You say he spends alot of his time at his desk so how about a really nice digital picture frame with pics of you and your kids to look at throughout the day. DOes he like to cook or grill? If so then some sort of tools or spices that could be used?

I've always wanted to give my DH a surprise getaway, but the surprise part would work best if you do it within a few weeks before Christmas. Only tell him to schedule a long weekend off, and then take a mini vacation to Vegas/Florida/Tropical Island or wherever he might enjoy. I love perusing the last minute packages on Travelocity to see if there is anything interesting that's not too expensive. It's a gift you get to enjoy too :)

My late wife had a threat to me concerning both my birthday and Christmas. I had to make suggestions to her for things I was interested in or she said she would buy me a tuxedo and schedule us to go to places where I would have to wear it.

My late wife had a threat to me concerning both my birthday and Christmas. I had to make suggestions to her for things I was interested in or she said she would buy me a tuxedo and schedule us to go to places where I would have to wear it.

That's cute! I hate to admit this...but my husband would LOVE a tuxedo!:rotfl: That wouldnt be much of a threat for him!

I've done the tour idea for my DH. He rides a motorcycle 95% of the time, which being from Southern California is pretty easy to do. He had talked about wanting to go on a motorcycle tour, but never really pursued it. 2 years ago, I researched tours and found a company that looked great and had tours in Central & Northern California. They did not have gift certificates, but I put cash in the package, and bought a tour hat, shirt and a sticker to wrap with it, along with some printed pic's and materials from their website about tour options. He was so excited and has now gone on 4 of their tours.

It was one of my best gifts to give!

I like the beer of the month idea, I wonder where I could get more information about that? He doesnt really listen to music so, an Ipod would not be a good thing. The atv's have a gps type system on them. I buy cologne every year as well, he has enough of that..Keep the suggestion rolling!

I got my BIL the beer of the month club last year and I know he's gotten it previously (which is why he requested it from me) and loved it. This is where I got it: http://www.greatclubs.com/

How about a weekend in Chicago? Get the hotel reservations, get tickets to a show or just play tourist. It's such a wonderful city; there are a ton of things to do.

Even though he doesn't like sports...he might still enjoy the Richard Petty Driving Experience. Depending on how much you'd normally spend, he could either do the ride-along or actually drive the car. Plus this time of year they have special promos that usually get posted on this board -- so keep an eye out if you might be interested.

this was one of DH's fav gifts ever!! (he did the driving one).
:thumbsup2

My mom told my dh she was tired of shirt/shoes/pants route for him. He told her he wanted a small azir compressor. I guess sometimes you should just ask cause I had no idea.

What about tools or electronic gadgets? One year I got dh a home theater surround sound system, which he loves. He wants a dvd player for his truck, and a hd video camera. What I'll most likely end up doing is getting him a GC to either Best Buy or something like that. How about a GC to Cabella's? Then he could buy something to go along with atv-ing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter