HELP! What is there to do for a teen who doesn't like Disney?

cccory

Mouseketeer
Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I am the mom to a teen who doesn't like Disney. Not sure why and she doesn't even know the answer, but out of my 5 kids she is the only one who does not want to go. I have a child with special needs, so we do go to Disney about once a year. Sometime we skip a year, but we have gone quit often.

This is where I need your help. What is there to do, for a 17 year old girl, at Disney, who doesn't like Disney? For instance, horseback riding at the campgrounds. (This is the only thing I can think of)
Any other ideas?

There are many things to do.. I love the waterparks, and DisneyQuest is awesome too! In the Magic Kingdom, there is a card game called Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom. It is pretty cool; you can collect cards and play the game around the park to defeat the villains. Hope this helped!:thumbsup2

Riding is a good idea, and depending on what kind of stuff she's into, you could also try going to a spa, fishing, going bowling at the alley that just opened up in Downtown Disney, seeing a movie, Disney Quest, or Cirque du Soliel. Hope I could help :)

Thanks for all the great ideas. Keep them coming!

She loves shopping, but hates Disney stuff. I know there is a few things that doesn't have Mickey ears on it, but you have to look. She also hates the crowds.

Spa, movie and Disney Quest sounds great. We haven't been to Quest in such a long time. She probably doesn't even remember that.

At Downtown Disney there's always the hot air balloon which goes up on clear days. That'd be a fun activity.

I am a 17 year old girl who loves Disney! But it may be surprising, I get very frustrated being dragged around the park in the middle of the day. So, here's a list of things I do to keep my part of the vacation fun.

1. Extra Magic Hours- These are great because I can go with my other teenaged brother, and we like to ride the more thrilling rides, without the wait times or stress of 4+ other family members complaining about how it's not what they want to do.

2. Hanging out at the resort- Majority of the time my mom is always wanting to get up early for rope drop or breakfast reservations. I love receiving the news that I can stay behind and sleep in at the resort. On many different occasions they don't come back till two or three in the afternoon, so I spend much of this time just roaming the resort. It's very relaxing, and I usually never have complaints.

3. Food & Shopping!- Even if I am not buying anything, looking at all the merchandise and lunch with mom at Downtown Disney, never fails to put me in a good mood. Take her on a Mommy-Daughetr date. If that doesn't do the trick, a sundae from Ghiradelli's should!

Well, I don't want to bore you with encyclopedia of things I like to do. Hopefully you can branch off ideas from these if you are looking for more activities! If not just let me know, I got tons more of fun things I like to do! Hope you and you guys have lots of fun on your trip!

First off, HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE DISNEY!!! ITS THE BEST THING/PLACE EVER but I have 4 words for you, Spas and Downtown Disney :-)

I am a 17 year old girl who loves Disney! But it may be surprising, I get very frustrated being dragged around the park in the middle of the day. So, here's a list of things I do to keep my part of the vacation fun.

1. Extra Magic Hours- These are great because I can go with my other teenaged brother, and we like to ride the more thrilling rides, without the wait times or stress of 4+ other family members complaining about how it's not what they want to do.

2. Hanging out at the resort- Majority of the time my mom is always wanting to get up early for rope drop or breakfast reservations. I love receiving the news that I can stay behind and sleep in at the resort. On many different occasions they don't come back till two or three in the afternoon, so I spend much of this time just roaming the resort. It's very relaxing, and I usually never have complaints.

3. Food & Shopping!- Even if I am not buying anything, looking at all the merchandise and lunch with mom at Downtown Disney, never fails to put me in a good mood. Take her on a Mommy-Daughetr date. If that doesn't do the trick, a sundae from Ghiradelli's should!

Well, I don't want to bore you with encyclopedia of things I like to do. Hopefully you can branch off ideas from these if you are looking for more activities! If not just let me know, I got tons more of fun things I like to do! Hope you and you guys have lots of fun on your trip!
Thank you for the pointers. This just bought light to the entire situation. This sounds exactly what I need to do, because (you are right) she hates to wake up at the crake of dawn to put herself in the middle of a mob, pushing and shoving, to get to those fast pass machines. I think I need to leave her behind and let her wake up on her own time. MK is open til 1:00am.
Food and shopping will get her, and especially the sundae at Ghiradelli's. I am thinking of a massage, too. That will be a nice afternoon for both of us (I hope).
I'll let you know how it goes.

Truly, thank you very much for you insight on the whole disney submerging.

First off, HOW DO YOU NOT LIKE DISNEY!!! ITS THE BEST THING/PLACE EVER but I have 4 words for you, Spas and Downtown Disney :-)

I know!! Can't understand it myself, but I do think that fruto95 gets it.
I do think I am going to introduce her to the spa.

If the extra costs are in your budget, there are great tours available. In Epcot (Segway tour, Behind the Seeds, etc). I think they used to offer a Segway tour in Fort Wilderness also. If she likes animals, look into the tours in Animal Kingdom. Surf lessons at Typhoon lagoon.

Enjoy your trip

hello, i am 13 and I have been to disney world seven times! How could someone not like Disney? It's her opinion though... :) I hope that the next time you go to Disney World she will have fun and always want to go back again! I hope that she will enjoy it.

You can always let her go to the resort pools :) Those are always so much fun, especially the Contemporary Resort one and Port Orleans.

You can let her stay up at night and go to the extra magic hours and go on the thrill rides. The lines are never packed and if she doesn't like crowds, then that will be the perfect thing for her!

I hope these ideas help and maybe you can suggest and ask her if she would like to help you plan your next Disney Vacation?

I want to thank you all of you for all of the ideas and suggestions.

We are back from our trip and it went well, besides 5 of the 6 of us getting extremely sick on our 2nd day. We arrived Friday afternoon and checked into BLT. Our room was ready, so we unpacked and just relaxed a bit. MK was opened till 1:00am, so we all headed over around 9:00pm and stayed till 1:00am. These times are the best to go. We never waited over 15mins. for anything. I let her sleep in on Saturday, and we headed over to Epcot around 11:00am. I even gave her the option to meet us there if she wanted to sleep later. She went with us at 11:00. It was a bit crowded, but we had fun. She and I left at 3:30pm to get a massage at the Contemporary Hotel. It was fun to spend some time together and after our massages we were going to head over to Downtown Disney, but then I didn’t feel too well and she felt so relaxed after the massage that she just wanted to relax in the room before we headed out to MK for another evening. Well, we never made it out again; we all started to get sick. We were all about 3 hours apart, so I was up all night. We were lucky enough to get a 1:00pm check out time instead of the 11:00am check out.

So, this turned out to be the BEST Disney trip, because she said that this trip wasn’t too bad (besides the getting sick part) and it was our WORST Disney trip, because we all got so sick.

Going to the parks, Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Animal Kingdom. :woohoo:
and riding the thrill rides :cool1: for example,TT, TOT, SM, EE etc.
Or go to downtown disney and shop :banana: There is so many things to do. I go every year, and i have never been sick of it :) Hope this helped:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter