HELP! What is Disneys 'Full animated motion picture release' order??

SCCaguioa

Mouseketeer
Hey all,

I've been collecting VHS/DVD releases of 'Full-length animated motion picture' movies (i.e. Snow White, The Rescuers (both), Lion King, etc) for many years. Up to about 7-8 years ago, whenever Disney would release a movie onto VHS, they would also show a trailer annoucing the release of 'Disneys 34th all new full length animiated feature' (which in this case happens to be The Lion King).
Since Aladdin (31st), keeping track of the 'release numbers' have been difficult (I think the Aladdin sequels...which were not release in the theaters...threw the numbers off). I have attempted to locate an offical list without success. Either I am not looking in the right website or this offical list is super secret.

Can anyone help me find this list?? Going by my resources (which involved watching the trailers) this is my list (from Aladdin on):
31. Aladdin
32. ?? (Return of Jafar)
33. ?? (King of Thieves)
34. The Lion King
35. Pocahontas
36. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
37. Hercules
38. Mulan
39. Tarzan
40. Dinosaurs (CG...Not animated, is it included?? IMHO..it shouldn't be)
41. Fantasia 2000
42. The Emperor’s New Groove
43. Atlantis
44. Treasure Planet
45. Lilo & Stitch
46. Brother Bear

Thanks a bunch!
Steve

Color me confused, lol. Where is Beauty and the Beast on your list? Was that before Aladdin? Is Toy Story not a Disney release because it's also Pixar? Disney released so many directly to video like the Aladdin sequels, Pocahontas 2, Little Mermaid 2, Cinderella 2, Stitch: The movie, Lion King 1 1/2, etc. I have no idea if they are numbered or which are numbered??

I watch this site to see when the movies I want will be released: http://www.ultimatedisney.com/comingsoon.html

That is the confusing issue. Basically, since Pixar and the sequel craze (minus the Rescuers Down Under...which is numbered), it appears Disney no longer number their releases.
This is why I asking. I no longer have a point of reference since Disney stop 'numbering' the full animated motion picture releases.

sc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter