HELP!!! what do i cancel... or keep???

Thinktinknpixiedust

DIS Veteran
ok... back when i was planning our lil trip i planned an amazing day with our little princess in mind. We were starting the day at Bibbity Bobbity Boutique with a 9 am reservation for the whole shebang... hair, nails, makeup, the Ariel dress she has been asking for since LAST year, and the pics. After our little makeover we made and PAID for the first seating of lunch in the castle with Cinderella. With fullest intentions to purchase tickets for the PPP that was happening that evening. Sooooo..... money is a little bit of an issue this year, as well as I am now concerned with the time issue, like are we going to spend the whole day running around like chickens. We have never been to PPP event and guess we just wouldn't know what we were missing if we didnt' go... or would we just wonder and find out we really should have gone. We have eaten dinner in the castle, however that was BEFORE all of the changes to the menu and this includes characters (namely cindy herself!) We have done BBB, but that was just hair and makeup last year with a promise to do the Ariel dress this year! So do i buck up and buy PPP ticks and keep the day as planned? scale back on the makeover... cancel lunch (ahem... if you make those suggestions i would assume you would like my nice time slot;) ) or continue with BBB and castle and NOT do PPP, instead retire early to our (UPGRADED) SSR!

Help:confused: i really need you guys

I have never done any of the three things you currently have planned but if I was in this situation, this is what I would do:

Scale back on the BBB reservation and just have her hair done. You can paint her nails the night before and you can also get an Ariel dress at the Disney Store for WAY less then BBB will charge. Then take your own pics of her in front of the castle and go to Toontown throughout the day to gets pics with other princesses. Make sure you also hit Ariel's Grotto for pictures with her.

Now you didn't say when your trip is, so here is my suggestion for the rest of it: keep your reservations for the Princess meal and decide that day if you want to go to PPP but don't mention it to your daughter. That way if you end up not going, she won't miss anything. If you do go, it will be an extra surprise. Although she may (depending on her age which I don't remember if you mentioned or not) get tired and not be up to the PPP. IMO, most kids seem to enjoy the character meals though because you get one on one time that you don't really get in the parks.

I like the surprise approach.

My suggestion:

If you have another traveller with you, send them over to DTD to get the Ariel dress for you the night before. Then, after she falls asleep, have it strategically laid out as a surprise in the morning. Then keep the hair appointment to complete the look.

Get PPP tickets, and save them as an end of the day surprise, too.

Hmmmmm... i really like the idea of buying the dress BEFORE.... just how much cheaper is the dress if we get it before and then MAYBE do the PPP... i think we'll wait till the day of to see just how motivated we are... aren't the tickets more expensive the day of? how much? have any of you been to it? is it missable with a 4 year old???

I was reading another thread where the Barber shop at MK does updoes with glitter and color, etc. for $10. The only downside is they do not take appointments, but you could save some $ there..........

I would just scale back on her BBB appointment. You could do her nails in the room the night before. Like the previous poster said, I would buy her dress before and then surprise her in the morning with it. It is MUCH cheaper than buying it at DTD or at any of the store on the WDW property. You could look for one in the Disney store near you becasue I have seen a few start to show up already. I would also look on-line at disneyshopping.com.

We are going to the PPP party when are down there. We love these specialty parties at MK. A lot of fun for everyone. We are bringing our dresses and accessories from home and then I will do there hair. I have already purchased hair things and practiced on them to make sure that I could do it without it taking forever. I can do their hair in about 10 min each. We had thought about BBB appointments but I did not want to pay the cost and then feel like I was running back and forth.

Good luck with your decision!:love:

I agree with everyone else. Plus, to make it more magical the night before, you could just tell her you wanted to have a special "mom & daughter" time and do the nails together. You can pick up several sparkly bottles of polish at almost any drug store or walmart or target that carries cosmetics and then she could pick the colors, etc. from the selection - only costs a few dollars and my daughter loves these "girl times". Also, you can get your choice of several of the dresses either from the stores when you get there or if you don't want to leave it to chance (we had troubles finding the right size Jasmine outfit last year), you can order on ebay and have the dress hidden away not to be brought out till that morning (I'm going to pack ours this year in a black plastic bag so she won't see it when we unpack). She'll enjoy things just as much and you can make the whole thing a bit more reasonable so that you enjoy it just as much! :cloud9:

If the only other thing she's looking forward to is the dress, I'd get it before
the trip at the Disney Store(or Ebay!), do the cheaper BBB, go to eat with
Cindy, and do PPP another time. OR.....just do it all and realize that you only
have this one life and she's only small once and there will ALWAYS be bills to
pay and they always get paid somehow. :goodvibes

We have done BBB, but that was just hair and makeup last year with a promise to do the Ariel dress this year!

If you promised her the Ariel dress, I would not back out of that.

I'd buy her an Ariel dress cheaper elsewhere and have her wear it to the basic BBB package (IF you wnat, do her nails in the room!)

Save $$ by eating with Cindy at 1900 Park Fare, then you will have MORE than enough to attend P&PP!!

With a bit of pixie dust, she just may be able to pilot the monorail on your way over to MK!!

I did BBB basic pakcage then 1900 PF with my 2 princesses last year and they LOVED it!

Not doing either this year, but atending P&PP wearing dresses we bought here and using the make up kit we got to keep last year.

We are doing Storybook Breakfast on another day.

Ran across your thread and had a question. We are doing the BBB thing this year before the MNSSH. My daughter also wanted to do the Ariel thing. I bought her an Ariel dress at Toys R Us. It was actually about the same as ebay. I also heard it was cheaper to bring your own outfit. What I was wondering is, does she need to come already dressed, wait and dress there or does it really matter?

I agree on the cutting back at BBB. I seen Tinkerbell nail polish & nail stickers at WALMART...They may have had others but I only remember Tink. Maybe you could pick up a bottle of it before you leave then it will still be DISNEY if you opted to do it in the room the night before! When it comes to the dress...I think you could also make a big deal out of it being Delievered to her in the room to get ready early that morning. (that way you could still buy it ahead of time and save the money, she will still get the dress, but may feel she was even a lil more special than the rest!)

Lunch is already paid for so I would leave that alone...Assuming you have the park tickets already. If not I might try and push it back to a dinner and then come in as early as they would let me with the PPP hard ticket. That way you will not have to pay for the park more than once.

After our little makeover we made and PAID for the first seating of lunch in the castle with Cinderella. With fullest intentions to purchase tickets for the PPP that was happening that evening. Help:confused: i really need you guys

OK now I'm confused. I must have missed this the first time I read it. How did you PAY for it already?!?! I thought it was jsut a credit card hold on the ADR, with a $10 PP penalty or a no show without cancellation? I may be wrong, but I would call and check on that to be sure.

I still stand by my reccomentdation to bring a dress from home, wear it to BBB for the basic package, then 1900 Park Fare before the P&PP. My Girls wore dresses from home and really enjoyed the attention they got.

GL with your decision!!

I would be worrried with my kids about how much energy they would have by the evening party. Do your dates allow you to do the BBB and CRT on one day and then hit the Pirate/Princess party on a later night during your stay (after you get the dress)? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter