HELP...What are the Good and Bad of staying in the cabins at FW

dsnygirl2006

DIS Veteran
Good Morning everyone,
I am highly considering about staying in a cabin at FW, I was just wondering what the good and bad are???? I love CSR and I loved POP, is there a big difference at FW compared to the resorts???? Would love opinions and advice....thanks guys....I am kinda getting excited about it after reading about it and my DS loved the pics of the bunk beds......Thanks guys

The only thing we didn't like was that there was only one bathroom, but since it looks like you have a smaller group (we had 5 kids at the time) it shouldn't be a problem!

We didn't mind the transportation, and really liked the woodsy atmosphere.

And having a housekeeper to do the dishes was nice too!;)

I say try it, even if its not your absolute favorite, its still disney and its still very nice!

Great place to stay. It's so nice not to have to yell at a child to stop running or keep your voice down becuase there are people in the room next to you. Some people complain about the pools not being as nice as some of the other resorts. I love the relaxed feel of the place, the campfire and movie at night fishing off the banks of the creek there is a beach and the boat to the Magic Kingdom depending on how long you will be there you might want to budget in a golf cart. There is no foodcort but 2 places to buy food and having a kitchen is great as well as a outdoor grill that they clean.

WE love the cabins. We stayed many times when the kids were younger.

Kids in bedroom, us in living room on murphy bed. It was excellent at night, we could wind down and kids could go to bed without us disturbing them. In the morning, having the kitchen was great, we rotated breakfast/showers and everyone was ready to go about the same time.

Reserve yourself a golf cart, great for getting around fort wilderness.

Enjoy!

We loved the cabins. I agree with the poster that you don't have to keep your kids from being loud and waking up other guests. And, you don't have to worry about parents who don't seem to mind their kids screaming and yelling down the hallways at midnight or 6 am.

We took our bikes and enjoyed the trails. My daughter and I did the horseback riding. We rented the small boats at the lake. It was great to be able to watch TV in the den while the kids were in the bedroom.

There is no food court, which might be a drawback for some. (My 11 year old daughter is one of them!) The bus system might be a drawback for some, but we always take our car to the parks, so it wasn't an issue for us. It is a tight squeeze of two adults are sleeping in the double bed in the bedroom because it is puhsed up against the wall. You get claustrophobic laying there. But I just went to the Murphy bed. It is really comfortable.

We will definately stay there again!

Bad -

Only one bathroom. But there's a sink in the kitchen you can use for brushing teeth and putting in contacts.

You have to take an internal bus to either the front or the back of the grounds to transfer to another mode of transportation to the parks.

Never experienced this but the pools are not themed.

Good (get ready) -

Full kitchen, charcoal grill and picnic table outside.

You'll never have to do any dishes while you are there (housekeeping does that for you).

It's so quiet that you can hear a frog, um, pass gas.

You can sit out on the deck in your PJs and no one is ever going to be bothered.

Very limited car traffic so kids can play out on the loop roads with minimum fear of getting run over. Plus, I think the speed limit might be a tad over a turtle crawl.

Did I mention the deck?

Nature to the max. You WILL need a flashlight at night. Very limited lighting outside.

The bed in the bedroom was SO comfortable. I was told by my son and daughter-in-law that the Murphy bed was great.

Did I mention how quiet it is?

Oh - and there's a great deck too!

no fancy pool, also with the kitchen you end up useing it cooking on vacation not a vacation.
must take a bus from the cabin to the main bus stop to get on another bus to go to where you want unless you are taking the boat but you still have to take the bus to get to the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter