• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Help! We just changed plans to go to DLP for a day in 2 weeks and I need a Plan! TIA!

kelsea823

Earning My Ears
Bonjour,

We are 4 adults who LOVE anything Disney!!

We just changed plans so we could go on a day trip from Paris on Friday, July 24th, 2015 and I need to do lots of planning!

I have been reading and reading but I still have LOTS of questions like:

1) Where should I buy tickets this late? (I would like to have actual tickets and not vouchers for 1 day, 2 parks)

2) How do we get there? (We are staying by the Pyramids Metro in Paris so it looks like we can take that to Chatelet and transfer to RER A4 to Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy (How do I make sure the train goes all the way there? I read some of them don't)

3) What is a good touring plan?

- My plan so far is to be at the gates of Disney Studios by 9:00 am and head to Toon Studios, get a FP for Ratatouille, and go to Crush’s Coaster (or vise versa). Then hit Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, and RC Racer – any other must do’s there?

- Leave DS around noon - Any suggestions on a place for a quick bite either leaving Disney Studios or Disney Park?

- Afternoon at Disney Park going to BTMRR, Space (hopefully they will be open), Buzz, Phantom Manor, POC, Indiana Jones, Sleeping Beauty Castle, The Dragon’s Lair, Peter Pan?, Nautilus, and Disney Dreams.

4) Would you suggest Blue Lagoon restaurant for dinner? We like to eat at the Blue Bayou in California and it might be a nice rest for dh. I also read about trying to sit at a window in Walt’s to watch the parade but I don’t know how feasible that would be.

5) I would love to stay and watch the fireworks. The park is open until 11:00 pm so would the fireworks go off at 11? Dh thinks that might be too late to leave for an hour long adventure back to our hotel in Paris.

6) We are staying by Pyramids Metro (close to the Louvre) Is it safe to travel on the train and metro and then walk to our hotel after midnight?

We are flying in on Thursday morning and I am giving us Thursday to get over our jetlag and then on to DLP!! HaHa I hope my family can keep up!

Thanks for any help! I know the more I can find out and plan now will make our day in DLP a priceless experience!

Kelly

We just had great luck buying tickets at FNAC in Paris. They have a great discount going on right now, that saved us (a family of 6) over $200. Basically, it is the one day ticket for 2 parks for the price of the one-park ticket. The stores are located throughout Paris. Good luck! We will be there tomorrow.

Thanks JB,

I ended up going with a company that included RER tickets. I was able to talk to a representative in the US which was great!

I hope you have a great time! I'd like to hear all about it!

1) Where should I buy tickets this late? (I would like to have actual tickets and not vouchers for 1 day, 2 parks) - from the sounds of it you've got this sorted :)

2) How do we get there? (We are staying by the Pyramids Metro in Paris so it looks like we can take that to Chatelet and transfer to RER A4 to Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy (How do I make sure the train goes all the way there? I read some of them don't)
- Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy is the train station @ DLP so if it says thats the end station it should stop there. It has different names depending if you're travelling on the RER or SNCF but if it mentions one of these Marne la Vallee / chessy You should be fine. I've done it a lot and its dead easy.

3) What is a good touring plan?

- My plan so far is to be at the gates of Disney Studios by 9:00 am and head to Toon Studios, get a FP for Ratatouille, and go to Crush’s Coaster (or vise versa). Then hit Tower of Terror, Rock N Rollercoaster, and RC Racer – any other must do’s there?

- Leave DS around noon - Any suggestions on a place for a quick bite either leaving Disney Studios or Disney Park?

- Afternoon at Disney Park going to BTMRR, Space (hopefully they will be open), Buzz, Phantom Manor, POC, Indiana Jones, Sleeping Beauty Castle, The Dragon’s Lair, Peter Pan?, Nautilus, and Disney Dreams.

- That sounds like a good plan. The dragon's lair is just a walk through so you can just do it when ever.

4) Would you suggest Blue Lagoon restaurant for dinner? We like to eat at the Blue Bayou in California and it might be a nice rest for dh. I also read about trying to sit at a window in Walt’s to watch the parade but I don’t know how feasible that would be.

- I personally would choose the Blue Lagoon restaurant but thats just because I like watching pirate's boats float by.

5) I would love to stay and watch the fireworks. The park is open until 11:00 pm so would the fireworks go off at 11? Dh thinks that might be too late to leave for an hour long adventure back to our hotel in Paris.

- The link below will take you to the daily park schedules for DLP. Dreams is at "park closing time" so yes it will start at 11pm and will last for about 20 mins. I love that show and wouldn't miss it for the world but i'm afraid I can't help you with return train times. hopefully someone else can.

http://www.dlpguide.com/calendar/daily-park-schedules/

6) We are staying by Pyramids Metro (close to the Louvre) Is it safe to travel on the train and metro and then walk to our hotel after midnight?

- not 100% sure, If you're all together I don't think it would be an issue. Just be vigilant and aware of your surroundings.

Have a lovely time!!!

- Marne-la-Vallee-Chessy is the train station @ DLP so if it says thats the end station it should stop there. It has different names depending if you're travelling on the RER or SNCF but if it mentions one of these Marne la Vallee / chessy You should be fine. I've done it a lot and its dead easy.

Some trains pass straight through and are not terminating at M-l-V-C station, so bear that in mind :)

Some trains pass straight through and are not the terminating station, so bear that in mind :)

Is Marne la Vallee / chessy listed for these trains? If so that's confusing lol! I can't remember what we did/saw when we caught the RER... it was back in Nov 2013.

When we got the train to CDG Airport from there, the train was already half full up. They seem to carry on under the ground between WDS and DLP.

I'm guessing that it's listed on the stops for the train, but we did the Disney Transfer on the way there last time, and before that did Eurostar.

When we got the train to CDG Airport from there, the train was already half full up. They seem to carry on under the ground between WDS and DLP.

I'm guessing that it's listed on the stops for the train, but we did the Disney Transfer on the way there last time, and before that did Eurostar.

I think you are getting confused with the different types of trains.

The TGV (fast train) goes direct from the airport and not all stop at Marne la Vallee

The one OP will be getting is the RER from Paris. Marne la Vallee is the end of the line so they definitely don't go right through the station.
However not all go as far as M la V.

On the platform above you is a digital display where all the stations are listed. If the name of the station has a light by it the train will go/stop there so its safe to get on. If it doesn't then it won't - its as simple as that.

The trains continue back to Paris til about midnight and they will all go into Paris so you can just get on any RER train. The TGV goes from a totally different area of the station so just make sure you follow the signs that say to Paris. They will run about every 5/10 minutes

Not sure how many in your party or ages, but if you feel comfortable use the single rider line for Ratatoullie instead of wasting time waiting for fast passes. My 10 year old used it with us and was fine. We often ended up either in the same rat or the one next to each other. I was amazed at how quickly the fast passes run out for this ride. If you do decide to queue for fast passes, don't be fooled by the really long queue that runs back up the hill....this is generally people queuing to get on the actual ride at the start of the day. Walk down the hill and you'll see the fast pass machines to the right - there will still be a queue for them, but it's unlikely to be the one all the way up the hill ;)

Only other advice I can give is to try and not squeeze too much in - you'll all be tired anyway and summer heat, crowds and expectations that you can zip around might mess with your head....peter pan will be very busy and you'll def need FP for this - same with BTM and probably Buzz too.

Hope you have a lovely visit :goodvibes

Thanks JB,

I ended up going with a company that included RER tickets. I was able to talk to a representative in the US which was great!

I hope you have a great time! I'd like to hear all about it!

Can you provide information about where you purchased?? I'd like to do the same thing for a one day trip in a few weeks. I'd love to hear how your train experience, timing, worked. We are staying in the 5th add.

Thanks,

Christy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter