Help! WCC or Coral Reef?

Tidus

Mouseketeer
:bounce: I was wondering if anyone had been to either/ both recently? I can only keep one of these and I am so undecided. They are both for dinner. I'm looking for atmosphere, fun, but also good food! There will be 2 adults and 2 kids. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Tidus said:
:bounce: I was wondering if anyone had been to either/ both recently? I can only keep one of these and I am so undecided. They are both for dinner. I'm looking for atmosphere, fun, but also good food! There will be 2 adults and 2 kids. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!

Those two restaurants as so completely different I can see why you are having a hard time choosing one over the other. We have done both in the past year and enjoyed them both. However, my family really enjoyed the atmosphere and the more "formal" feeling of Coral Reef. I would not describe it as "fun." WCC is fun, especially if you have children. Our kids are 20 and 28. :goodvibes

We went to both on our recent trip. We had a 5 and a 7 year old. Sitting by the glass at coral reef was fun. That was the only real plus in our experience. Even though we had small children and they had just started seating people about 10 min prior so there were only about 1/2 the tables full they didnt seat us by the glas until we asked. I had to send the salad back 2x cause they put they brought the wrong one and then they put the dressing on it (was sharing with my dd and she hates it). They handled it fine and we actually tipped extra because of the hassle but just saying it wasnt a good experience. The novelty of being by the glass wore off quick and having to sit in the chairs to wait for food etc got real long (the wait wasnt overly long or anything just hard as it is anywhere but places like WCC for little kids.) I must say that we arent fancy food people and were disappointed in most of they nicer places so our take on the not liking the food may be a bit skewed. WCC the kids had an absolute ball. The talk about it more than any other (that includes my dd's bday at Princess Tea and Cindy's). They have all kinds of things going on. The ketchup is a hoot. We didnt have the best server for playing along but the kids still had fun with everything else that didnt need the server's help.

My kids are 8 & 10. I know that they would like the fun atmosphere at WCC, but I'm wondering about the food? (I don't eat meat, but I will eat some seafood) Also, I'm afraid that we may not get a fun server at WCC. We ate at Primetime 2 yrs. ago and our waitress just wasn't very fun. Also, we are staying at POP and I'm not sure if it will be harder to get to WL. Like you mentioned, it is so tough because they are so diff. and unfortunately we can only keep one! Also, CR gets mixed reviews on food, but lately they have been :thumbsup2 which made me get a ressie there again (I had canceled one months ago!) Thanks for the help!

Just read your post Beth__Cam and now you have me leaning towards WCC! AAHHH! I'm so confused! I must admit though, I'd been looking forward to WCC for months, but like I said, there have been so many positives about CR lately that I was starting to feel bad about canceling it! Thanks again, I appreciate all the help I can get!

It you want a fun and entertaining meal experience, it's WCC without a doubt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter