Help w/ CS

Shleedogg

DIS Veteran
So here's the deal. We did the DDP in Jan, DH didn't like it, too much food. :confused3 I know, how can there ever be too much food?? Anyway, the deal was, one trip my way, one trip his. Our trip next week is his. No TS. :scared1:

He would be content to eat at Pecos Bills the entire 4 days. While I love the thick disgusting cheese product goo as much as the next girl (seriously, I do, mmmmm), I can't eat a burger for every meal. Breakfasts will be in room/on bus, granola bars, etc. as we try to get up early for rope drop. Here are the places I'm thinking have some good CS variety. Looking for any suggestions that will keep me coming back from the world NOT 10 lbs heavier, lol.

MK:
Cosmic Rays
CHH (I know they have different stuff, not sure if DH can find something)

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons

DHS:
??? I think every place is greasy burger or pizza

AK:
I've heard good things about Flame Tree, but DH and I aren't rib people

DTD:
WPE

PS, we're staying at POR, how is their food ct? I've heard they have make your own pasta and salad. Any good?

First of all God bless you for agreeing to do an all CS trip, I'd be horrified!:rotfl:

Cosmic Ray's has a turkey wrap, grilled chicken caesar salad and rotisserie chicken dinner I can recommend

CHH - tuna sandwich & BLT salad

Sunshine Seasons - love this place - excellent caesar salad and a seared tuna salad

DHS - Backlot express has a yummy grilled turkey sandwich, really good!

Flame tree - Good grilled chicken salad and while I don't care for their ribs, the chicken platter is excellent!

WPE - EVERYTHING I have had there is awesome!

Never stayed at POR but we did stay at POFQ and had the taco salad which was excellent.

Flame Tree also has a pulled pork sandwich that is pretty good.

At DHS, you can try Starring Rolls for lunch. They are supposed to have some nice sandwiches (but I'm not sure they are open later in the day...)

Have a great trip! :)

MK:
CHH all the way! :) DH loves the fish there, the chicken is good, and I completely love the hummus sandwich. That sandwich is a must for me when we go to MK. :love:

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons - love it here, too. They have an excellent turkey sandwich and a big variety of stuff to choose from. (The chocolate chip cookies are also really great!)
Lotus Blossom Cafe - DH loves their orange chicken meal. I sampled some of it and also thought it was really good. I had a Schwarma platter from the Tangierine Cafe this day and thought it was great, too. We loved that we each could do our own thing for lunch at Epcot - it may be something you and your DH can do when you're there, too. It just depends on whether you want to both be eating at the same time, KWIM?

DHS:
Starring Rolls has pretty good sandwiches that are HUGE. You can only get them at lunch, though.

AK:
DH and I tried Flame Tree (we've only been there once, so please take this with a grain of salt) and were extremely underwhelmed. It was one of the most dissappointing meals during our last trip. We went to Pizzafari for breakfast and enjoyed it, though. If we go back, we'd probably try Pizzafari for lunch.

DTD:
Earl of Sandwich - this one is a must for us on every trip. The sandwiches are great, they have an excellent tomato soup, and there's giant cupcakes. What's not to love? :teeth:
WPE - super good and a great value.

Hope you guys have a great time!! :)

Edited to add - we stayed at POR during our last trip, but only had breakfast from their food court. We thought it was pretty good, though. :) We mostly had bagels and pastries.

So here's the deal. We did the DDP in Jan, DH didn't like it, too much food. :confused3 I know, how can there ever be too much food?? Anyway, the deal was, one trip my way, one trip his. Our trip next week is his. No TS. :scared1:

He would be content to eat at Pecos Bills the entire 4 days. While I love the thick disgusting cheese product goo as much as the next girl (seriously, I do, mmmmm), I can't eat a burger for every meal. Breakfasts will be in room/on bus, granola bars, etc. as we try to get up early for rope drop. Here are the places I'm thinking have some good CS variety. Looking for any suggestions that will keep me coming back from the world NOT 10 lbs heavier, lol.

MK:
Cosmic Rays

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons

DHS:

AK:

DTD:
WPE

PS, we're staying at POR, how is their food ct? I've heard they have make your own pasta and salad. Any good?

Don't forget about those great smoked turkey legs served at the parks! At DHS, it's Toluca Turkey Legs. Some of our best meals have been munching on turkey legs and sipping a cold beer in the shade! Have a great time. And, good for you for going with the flow! You go girl!!!

MK:
Cosmic Rays

Epcot:
Sunshine Seasons

DHS:

AK:

DTD:
WPE

Take a bus over to Coranado Springs and try Pepper Market. Its considered counter service and they have a HUGE selection. Something for everyone. Here is a link to their menu. http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?restaurant.ID=492

I loved the Chef Salad (we were there in Sept and I didn't want anything hot) DD23 loved the fajitas and DD16 enjoyed the hamburger. DD23 and I each ordered Margaritas I ordered mine frozen so I would sip it and she ordered on the rocks. Mine was strong, so much so she poured 1/3 of it into hers (her's was on the weaker side) and I am a margarita drinker. We were staying at ASMu but would run over to CSR for takeout. Loved it. Will do it again this next trip.

Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe.

Epcot: Electric Umbrella.

Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary.

Animal Kingdom: Flame Tree Barbecue & Pizzafari.

Downtown Disney Marketplace: Earl of Sandwich.

Contemporary: Contempo Cafe.

Grand Floridian: Gasparilla's Grill & Games.

I am a super picky eater so I may not be the best judge! LOL....

MK- The taco salad at Pecos Bills is actually pretty good.
There is also a cart right outside of Pecos Bills, on the trail to Pirates, that has a chicken sandwich that gets really good reviews on here.

DHS- I can't help there. We always eat at Pizza Planet. It is DS's one request so I honor it.

Epcot- There are so many good places to eat here. Sunshine Seasons has great food and the portions were HUGE. My fave in Epcot is Yakitori House in Japan.

AK- I would eat a Pizzafari. It sounds like a pizza joint but the Italian Sandwich is very good. They also have a chicken parmesan sandwich and a Caesar salad.

DTD- Earl of Sandwich has a large variety sandwiches and salads. Salads can also be made into wraps. Everything we ordered there was very good.

As far as eating only counter service at Disney....the options are actually pretty varied. I would start looking at the menus on allearsnet so you can steer your DH towards a variety of places so you don't have to eat burgers every meal. Though you should let him have a couple on the trip if he wants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter