HELP! Visit between Christmas and New Years 2010

rcraw45425

<font color=darkorchid>I'm a 43 year old mom with
Well, it's official, our high school marching band is going to be playing in the Champs Bowl on Dec. 28. We will travel down by charter in the early morning hours of the 26th, supposedly have two park days at US/IOA, but are not, due to pricing, staying onsite. Any tips I can provide these kids to maximize their time? I'm planning on going as a chaparone (I'm a VP), I had planned to try to get info on the Express pass options. I just participated in a survey with different options US is considering. I know I"ll need to tell the kids to take plenty of $$$ if they plan on purchasing the Express. Director also hopes to get us Blue Man Group tickets, those will be included in the cost up front though. Any not to be missed new souveniers, we were last at US/IOA in February 2010. Any advice appreciated!

Just be prepared for massive lines everywhere...attractions, restaurants and even bathrooms. It's not pretty at theme parks that week since it's the busiest time of year. I avoid that week at all costs.

Just a tip. Going around the same time as you and your group.. Express passes for that time is $70 for the 2 park pass plus the regular entry price. The passes are also limited in a few ways, 1) they can only be used once for each "Express Pass" ride, 2- they are limited in number, so once sold out you ca't get anymore. and lastly they must be purchased in the name of the person using the ticket..

I would recommend that if you want this as an option have the kids buy the passes now.. Also look into the meal deal option..
http://www.universalorlando.com/Theme_Parks/Dining/mealdeal.aspx
The meal deal is $24 for both parks, but it allows unlimited trips to selected restaurants.. Granted they list is small, 5 places, and they all are quick service style places but this might be a good way for the kids to save money.. The meal deal tickets can be purchased ahead of time, or even in line at the participating restaurants.

Also i would review the HP ride limitations with them.. Express pass is not an option and if there are any larger kids, like myself, they may not be able to go on that ride..

Other then that i would get maps and info for the parks and put together a "park Packet" for them.. Give them an itinerary that they have to stick to, like blue-man etc.. but other then that i would let them roam..

We do a trip with 4-H to Daren Lake once a year and we require that they stay in groups of at-least 2-4 at all times.. other then that the adults have cells and the kids numbers and set times/places that the whole group must meet up at, usually 2-3 in the day.. Other then these meetings they are allowed to wounder on their own..

We are also going that week, for DS's B-Day. With a good touring plan we managed very well New Year's weekend at WDW 2 years ago. Unfortunately I am lost with UO having never been there.

Can anyone recommend some touring tips, to go opposite the crowds? Times of day for certain rides? Anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter