Help Us Make More Dreams Come True

njdisneyfreak

DIS Veteran
In less than 2 weeks, our foster daughter will be ours, permanently! As a special way to celebrate this upcoming Christmas, we want to make some more dreams come true and take her to WDW. We reserved POP for 12/21-1/2, but would love to take her to AKL somehow. She absolutely LOVES animals.

We can't figure out how we can afford it, though. Any thoughts???

I was able to upgrade us from value to mod by selling some gold jerewlry I didnt wear anymore and also selling a couple things on ebay.

have you considered renting points, or going a little before christmas itself? it'd be cheaper, and much less crowded. if not, maybe cut some nights off, see if you can rent points, or have a couple hotel days away from parks to save on tickets? hope it works out for you!!

You don't have to sleep at AKL to see the animals. We visited the zebras and giraffes when we were moving from a park to Downtown Disney (no direct bus anyway).

In less than 2 weeks, our foster daughter will be ours, permanently! As a special way to celebrate this upcoming Christmas, we want to make some more dreams come true and take her to WDW. We reserved POP for 12/21-1/2, but would love to take her to AKL somehow. She absolutely LOVES animals.

We can't figure out how we can afford it, though. Any thoughts???

Did you want to SLEEP there, or just visit?
You can go anytime you want and just see the animals- Which exact date did you want to go?

And I am assuming you mean you want to go to the Lodge (AKL) not the park (AK)?

Could you swing one night there? Maybe reserve just one night in the middle of the trip (I would not change your pop reservation) and just take an overnight bag and sorta take a mini vacation to the AKA for one night.

I would just go for a visit or save it for later. Kids really do not appreciate the extras at a deluxe and the trip its self will be enough!!

I was able to upgrade us from value to mod by selling some gold jerewlry I didnt wear anymore and also selling a couple things on ebay.

Good idea, though we don't have anything we could sell right now.

have you considered renting points, or going a little before christmas itself? it'd be cheaper, and much less crowded. if not, maybe cut some nights off, see if you can rent points, or have a couple hotel days away from parks to save on tickets? hope it works out for you!!

Thanks for the ideas. We need to work within school break dates. We are going to see if renting points will work for us. Have you tried it?

You don't have to sleep at AKL to see the animals. We visited the zebras and giraffes when we were moving from a park to Downtown Disney (no direct bus anyway).

We know. My DH and I have stayed there and hope our DD can experience a stay there, during her first trip.

Did you want to SLEEP there, or just visit?
You can go anytime you want and just see the animals- Which exact date did you want to go?

Stay there. . .12/21-1/2

And I am assuming you mean you want to go to the Lodge (AKL) not the park (AK)?

Correct

Could you swing one night there? Maybe reserve just one night in the middle of the trip (I would not change your pop reservation) and just take an overnight bag and sorta take a mini vacation to the AKA for one night.

I would just go for a visit or save it for later. Kids really do not appreciate the extras at a deluxe and the trip its self will be enough!!

We are looking into a possible split stay. Our DD is old enough to appreciate it, but if it doesn't work out for this trip, there are always going to be other opportunities.

I am happy to help, and sprinkle some Disney magic for you. :)

I just got off the phone with Disney (specifically DVC), and I would be happy to GIVE you 2 nights in a deluxe studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo house.
I can book you December 22nd and 23rd, using my points (I have a few left over and will cover these 2 nights).
It will be a Standard View (they didn't have Savannah...sorry!)-

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with this- and I am really happy about your adoption. It is such a wonderful thing you have done. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Goldilocks07 - amazing. What a lovely gesture to help a family celebrate!

I can not wait to read how this all comes together.

I just got off the phone with Disney (specifically DVC), and I would be happy to GIVE you 2 nights in a deluxe studio at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Jambo house.
I can book you December 22nd and 23rd, using my points (I have a few left over and will cover these 2 nights).

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with this- and I am really happy about your adoption. It is such a wonderful thing you have done. :hug: :hug: :hug:

It always amazes me the generosity that people show one another.

What an amazing thing to do! :)

All I can say is, "Wow!" That's amazingly wonderful. My husband and I are looking at a few possible ideas right now. How soon should we try to give you the go ahead, if we decide to take you up on your VERY generous offer? People like you make this world a better place.

I am happy to help!!! It's not often I can do these things, and what goes around, comes around, you know? I love Disney so much! :hug:

AKL is our home base, and we've stayed a bunch of times. The lodge is just beautiful- and I'd love to help you out, if possible. :yay:

As far as booking those rooms...gee, I have no idea. I asked the person on the phone how many rooms were available, and she couldn't tell me. So I guess it's first come, first serve, as far as booking it.

Let me call again tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I can book it now, and I'll get 30 days to cancel the reservation with no penalties. This way, at least I can go ahead and reserve the room, and this will buy you some time until you can get plans in order.

I don't know what rooms you've stayed in (we've stayed in both studios, 1-bdrms and concierge), but the studios are pretty nice, there is a king bed (I think...) and a pull-out couch. There's also a kitchenette, so you can make coffee, breakfast, etc. This saves money- we always bring bread, snacks, etc- and just buy milk and cold stuff when we get there.
How old is your daughter? There's all sorts of hotel activities throughout the day for kids- making bead necklaces, art, games, etc. So fun! :banana:

I hope this works out for you! :) :dance3:

I am happy to help!!! It's not often I can do these things, and what goes around, comes around, you know? I love Disney so much! :hug:

AKL is our home base, and we've stayed a bunch of times. The lodge is just beautiful- and I'd love to help you out, if possible. :yay:

As far as booking those rooms...gee, I have no idea. I asked the person on the phone how many rooms were available, and she couldn't tell me. So I guess it's first come, first serve, as far as booking it.

Let me call again tomorrow, I'm pretty sure I can book it now, and I'll get 30 days to cancel the reservation with no penalties. This way, at least I can go ahead and reserve the room, and this will buy you some time until you can get plans in order.

I don't know what rooms you've stayed in (we've stayed in both studios, 1-bdrms and concierge), but the studios are pretty nice, there is a king bed (I think...) and a pull-out couch. There's also a kitchenette, so you can make coffee, breakfast, etc. This saves money- we always bring bread, snacks, etc- and just buy milk and cold stuff when we get there.
How old is your daughter? There's all sorts of hotel activities throughout the day for kids- making bead necklaces, art, games, etc. So fun! :banana:

I hope this works out for you! :) :dance3:

I hope it does, too! I'm going to PM you now.

Thank you all....:hug:

I am trying to make this work. We'll let you know how everything pans out! :surfweb:

This is the year to make changes. I could get into politics but there's not enough time to type about it. Or waste time typing about it. ;)

Every day, if everyone would listen to others- and make one selfless act (no matter how tiny, or large) the world would be a MUCH happier place. :lovestruc

I am headed to Disney tomorrow, and am bringing down Disney princess PEZ dispensers (and a few super hero ones, they didn't have Disney for boys. boo!) and I can't WAIT to hand them out to unsuspecting children.

It's the little things that can really go a long way. :hug::hug::hug:

Seriously made me cry. How super sweet of you!! OP- You're a fabulous parent. I know several foster parents who put their kids on respite for vacations and it's disturbing. You've got one lucky daughter there. I hope you have a great vacation

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter