Help us eat our way around World Showcase

disneymoon95

Mouseketeer
We want to try something new this year and are going to attempt to eat and drink our way around the countries. :woohoo:

I have a great drink list from another thread but have come up empty handed in my search for a great thread about what foods to try.

There will be 5 adults and 3 children with various tastes so anything goes!!! What are your favorites and not to be missed.

We have only eaten in the UK, Mexico and America on previous trips.

TIA

I'm assuming if ur attempting to eat around the world in 1 day, ur just doing counter service right?
I always love Mexico, I think its my favorite pavilion...try the nacho's with ur margarita!
I know Italy has a new pizza place that I really wanna try...u can get a slice that I heard is delish! However very expensive for just a slice, so Ive heard!
My sister used to be obssesed with the cinnamon buns at Norway and they also have some school bread or something that everyone always raves about...
Japan has a nice little counter service in the back of the pavilion up above the little koi pond, nice little exotic quiet space and I love japanese :)

France and Norway both have wonderful bakeries. The delicious smell of fresh pastries wafts through the entire pavilion, making it almost impossible to walk by. You won't want to look at a basic counter service croissant after trying one in France. It's an entirely different food.

The gelato stand in Italy offers the incredible tiramisu from Tutto Italia. It's a bit smaller than the serving at the table service restaurant, but it's the same luscious dessert.

Tangierine Cafe, the counter service location in Morocco, is fabulous. It's better for a meal than a snack, but you can probably share a couple dishes among your group and continue on your journey.

Good luck!

We did a combo meal from each country so that each family member (2 adults and 2 kids) got a bite of everything to try and then we could go back for extra of the things we liked from the plate. We were on DDP so we got a drink and dessert too for only 1 adult CS credit at each place.

Fish and chips with shortbread from England.
Shwarma Platter (tabouleh, lamb, chicken, pita bread and hummus)with Baklava from Morocco.
A ham & cheese croissant with a pastry from France
A brat with sauerkraut and pretzel from Germany
A Platter from Japan with teriyaki chicken thigh, sukiyaki beef, mixed vegetable tempura with shrimp and steamed rice and ginger cake.

It took us quite awhile and 2 days but we made it all the way around and the kids still talk about it.

Hope this helps some. :)

When we Eat Around the World, we usually stick to snack items. Some favs:

Soft Pretzels in Germany

Rice Cream in Norway

Funnel Cake in US

Churros, Chips & Guac in Mexico

Baklava in Morrocco

Shaved Ice in Japan

The crunchy, fried noodles w/ cinnamon sugar in China

Most anything from the bakery in France (ham & cheese croissant is always a hit)

Curly Wurly (sp?) candy bars from the gift shop in England

No wonder I'm on Weight Watchers.......

We want to try something new this year and are going to attempt to eat and drink our way around the countries. :woohoo:

I have a great drink list from another thread but have come up empty handed in my search for a great thread about what foods to try.

There will be 5 adults and 3 children with various tastes so anything goes!!! What are your favorites and not to be missed.

We have only eaten in the UK, Mexico and America on previous trips.

TIA

That's such a nice idea! When my husband [boyfriend @ the time] & I went last year we did one of our Epcot days like this. I loved Nachos in Mexico,that was a fav. We did not care for the churo, actually we still laugh @ how hard it was, r they supposed to be hard? We fed that to the birds.[shh don't tell on us] Anyway, we had a piece of chocolate from a few countries, which is always yum! Plus, I always have to buy a few bags of the cherry gummies in Germany, they rock! But this time b/c it was just he & I, I got a glass of champagne from almost every country & he got a beer. I think his favorite beer was one from Japan. My fav was def. from Italy, we walked back to Italy,@ least 3 times, once I realized they had the very best champage! It was getting ridiculous, = ) we had such a blast that day!!! But oh, we had a crape in France w/ chocolate on it, lets just say,it tasted like Hershey's syrup.=[ I would try it again if they had a berry sauce instead. Last but not least, We had super yummy egg rolls in China!! Amazing! So ya we ate & drank soo much that day lol!! So, I'd go hungry & thirsty if u want to sample a little of everything! Have fun on ur trip!!! :mickeybar

I can't wait!!! Everything sounds so yummy. Too bad vacation isn't until late August. I'm keeping notes and am starting my diet right now :laughing:

The eggrolls from China's counter service. They are always hot and crisp and good. There are two in the order so they can be easily shared. Also, Refreshment Port (at the beginning of the WS closer to Canada) has beef or cheese empanadas that are tasty. They are kind of pricey though for what you get, but good and something different to snack on. Epcot is our favorite eating day :goodvibes

I can't wait!!! Everything sounds so yummy. Too bad vacation isn't until late August. I'm keeping notes and am starting my diet right now :laughing:

Late Aug? I don't even wanna hear it! LOL! Our trip is over a year away & just planning now!! I'm Jealous!

This is one of my favorite parts of EPCOT!!!
Here's some stuff my family has loved on our past trips

Mexico - go inside the pavilion to La Cava de Tequila, they have great apps like crab and chicken tostadas, guacamole, and ceviche

Norway - Kringla og Kafe has great pastries (cloudberry horn is my fave) and open-faced sandwiches

China - Lotus Blossom Cafe for orange chicken and rice

Germany - pretzel or brat from Sommerfest or great gummy candy from one of the shops

Italy - not much here, the pizza place that a pp mentioned is not opening until the fall and I think it might actually be a table-service?....I think there is gelato here somewhere

American Adventure - I don't think I've ever eaten here but you can't go wrong with a funnel cake

Japan - Kaki Gori (the rainbow one) is awesome!

Morocco - had the shawarma platter from Tangierine Cafe last time and it was to die for and probably big enough for at least three people

France - I love everything at Boulangerie Patisserie - I always grab something for breakfast the next day as well

UK - fish and chips from Yorkshire Fish Co

Canada - this one's tough....there's not much to be found outside of Le Cellier so maybe a good idea for a sit-down if you can get ressies

and ultimate drinks - blood orange margarita (La Cava), any beer by Spaten (Sommerfest), the wine walk (6 small tastings in Germany, Italy, and France), Rosa Regale sparkling wine (Italy), French Kiss and Grey Goose Slushie (cart in France), Guinness (Rose & Crown)

Well at Epcot I like to pace myself! I like to begin the feeding frenzy in France!

France-Croissant and Coffee in the morning
Norway-I resisted the School Bread for many years now I'm hooked!
Mexico- Nacho's and a beer!
Italy-Italian Margarita, made with Lemoncello Liquor & Grappa (my latest obsession) and Rosa Regale sparkling wine. My son loves the Aranciata, an orange soda.
Canada-It's a late ADR for peace and quiet (7:45pm) No matter the hype, we enjoy it. I love the Beer Cheese Soup, every salty spoonful.
Canada-Booth Near it- Tostones, Empanadas and Crispy Fried Shrimp! Better early in the day than later! The frozen Mojito, steep but tasty!
Germany-Biergarten Lunch Buffet, what can I say I love sausages of any type, however I seldom can eat here because I'm the only one who likes it! So typically it's just Fish & Chips & beer from the CS and Pretzels!
Morrocco-The Scwarma Chicken Platter, yum! Hummus, Tabouleh, & Cous-Cous
Mexixo-Churros (DS13) favorite
France-Boulangerie-Mouse, Caramel Souffle, Apple Tart or the cheese plate and a baguette. Ham and Cheese croissant, again DS(13) loves it.

This seems like a huge amount of food, however I travel with a 6 person entourage and I've never ever been able to buy anythingother than the Fish and Chips and eat it by myself. Now I buy 2 school breads, if I want more than a taste!

Honorable mention-Sunshine Seasons-Roasted Beet Salad and Turkey on Foccacia sandwhich

Mexico - go inside the pavilion to La Cava de Tequila, they have great apps like crab and chicken tostadas, guacamole, and ceviche

and ultimate drinks - blood orange margarita (La Cava)

OMG, I CAN NOT WAIT TO GO TO THE NEW TEQUILA PLACE!! My fave pavilion is Mexico and this little nook sounds so awesome!! And margaritas are my fave, so I may just hafta try that blood orange one! If u have any pix, u should post on the pix thread, I'd love to see!!

Italy-Italian Margarita, made with Lemoncello Liquor & Grappa (my latest obsession)
Canada-Booth Near it- The frozen Mojito, steep but tasty!

I have recently heard about this and ever since then I deemed it my next priority at EPCOT, to try that Italian margarita! I cant wait! also, I love mojitos, I cant believe they make a frozen version of one, I must try! Is this at the kiosk coming from future world into Canada?

OMG, I CAN NOT WAIT TO GO TO THE NEW TEQUILA PLACE!! My fave pavilion is Mexico and this little nook sounds so awesome!! And margaritas are my fave, so I may just hafta try that blood orange one! If u have any pix, u should post on the pix thread, I'd love to see!!QUOTE]

photobucket won't let me on right now :confused3 but if you look at my tr there's a pic of the marg and the wonderful crab tostadas!

My mom is not a drinker, so when we went, we did dessert around the world. We split something at each country - and drank a lot of water!

I love mojitos, I cant believe they make a frozen version of one, I must try! Is this at the kiosk coming from future world into Canada?
Should you ever make it to the T-Rex restaurant in DTD, they also have frozen mojito which I thought was pretty tasty!

photobucket won't let me on right now :confused3 but if you look at my tr there's a pic of the marg and the wonderful crab tostadas!

I will definitly do that!! Thank u!

Should you ever make it to the T-Rex restaurant in DTD, they also have frozen mojito which I thought was pretty tasty!

My Dsis went to T-rex last yr and enjoyed the drinks as well! and the food ofcourse, LOL! I'm looking fwd to trying that restaurant! Wont be able to make it this trip, but maybe nxt!

That's so funny, we'd planned to try something like this too using mostly counter service and carts :thumbsup2 I figure DH and I will of course split each item so we can at least stand half a chance of making it.

I haven't made up my mind so far, but I know some things that peaked our interest:

Mexico: Tostados & Margs at La Cava
Norway: Schoolbread at Kringla
China: potstickers at Lotus Blossom; Peach Snapl at Joy of Tea stand
Germany: snausages ;); Kirschwasser Limonade / Beer from Sommerfest; however, will likely skip the bratwurst for the upcoming caramel shop if it turns out to be as YUMMY as it sounds
Italy: cannoli at cart or slice of pizza if upcoming restaurant gets good reviews
America: m'eh
Japan: sushi at Yakitori and/or Kaki Gori
Morocco: Mediterranean Sliders combo at Tangierine, and Habib Daiquiri at cart
France: Crepes or Cheese Plate; Grey Goose slush at carts
UK: fish and chips, or cheese plate from pub; various drinks to be had
Canada: errrr...??? Think they'll let me get the cheese soup and pretzel sticks to go? ;)

Canada: errrr...??? Think they'll let me get the cheese soup and pretzel sticks to go? ;)
I've asked 4 times for soup & breadsticks to go and 3 times I got it. My friend has asked 3 times and only got it once and from what I read on these threads, many have been shot down all together. It never hurts to ask but it's not a guarantee! Good luck to you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter