Help us decide...Polynesian vs Wilderness Lodge

ntantaros

Earning My Ears
Planning a December trip to Disney. We did this 2 years ago and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge. It was awesome for Christmas time. We've stayed at Wilderness 2 times now and wanted to change it up. Was thinking Polynesian but am conflicted due to the Christmas thing at Wilderness. We can't decide. Change it up or stay at Wilderness? Opinions?

With all the construction going on at the Poly, I would probably choose WL.

If you've never stayed at Poly, I'd wait till construction is over to experience it. What about GF? They have amazing Christmas decorations too.

The Poly is our favorite resort overall, but if you're looking for a great Christmas atmosphere, I think the WL is the better choice between the two. With that said, I second the pp's suggestion for the GF. It's a great resort that is beautifully decorated for the holidays.

I love the both too and were at the Poly on year as the decorations went up. We went in Nov. and each woke up each morning to see more decorations - it was magical for our 3 year old twins. But with all the construction I think I would pick WL.

We stayed at the Polynesian in December and loved it. It is so nice to be on the monorail. My kids liked taking the boat back to Poly from MK. With that being said, I'd be hesitant with the construction. Good luck!

With all of the construction at the Poly, WL hands down. If you're looking to "change things up", then I would also suggest GF.

Another resort with great decorations is Beach Club. They have a big carousel made of chocolate!! The pics are amazing. So if you want to try something new I'd go for GF or BC. We always find it exciting to try new resorts.

Uhm, check for renovations before you book...;) Both resorts are undergoing some renovations, although WL's pool reno should be complete by Dec.

I love the Poly, but we just got back from a trip. We stayed at Beach Club, but I had to go visit the Poly. I was glad we pick a different resort this time. The walls in the lobby around where the waterfall took up so much room and made everything look small. I would stay somewhere else if the construction is still going on. The Grand Floridian is beautiful at Christmas too.

In my opinion the Poly with all of the construction looks like a hot mess right now. We are biased though and LOVE the WL. For Christmas that we be my choice. I have also been very tempted by the GF and the YC for that time of year.

We are planning to go to WDW in Sept. & staying at the Polynision(sp) but heard of the construction. My daughter looked into it & it said just the pool & parking lot, are. Is this true? We have 3 adults ( my DD is 29 ). Accualy, we are not interested in the pool anyway...mainly the fact that it has the monorail. We went before & didn't like having to wait for a bus.

We are planning to go to WDW in Sept. & staying at the Polynision(sp) but heard of the construction. My daughter looked into it & it said just the pool & parking lot, are. Is this true? We have 3 adults ( my DD is 29 ). Accualy, we are not interested in the pool anyway...mainly the fact that it has the monorail. We went before & didn't like having to wait for a bus.

Actually, it is much more than just the pool and parking lot. The Great Ceremonial House (main building with dining and lobby) are being gutted completely. A number of the long-houses (where the rooms are located) are off-line and being converted into DVC (Disney Vacation Club). Additionally, a large portion of the beach area is off limits, as DVC is constructing over-the-water bungalows. Lastly, a number of the walkways and pathways around the resort - specifically the side closest to the TTC (Ticket and Transportation Center) are being redone. Google Tikiman. He is a DISBoards member with a fantastic website dedicated to the Polynesian resort. He has all of the latest and greatest information regarding the construction progress including tentative schedules and closures.

Edited to add a link to his site: www.tikimanpages.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter