Help Us Decide, Please

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by tkbbmom, Aug 13, 2013.

1. tkbbmom

tkbbmom Mouseketeer

Currently for our November trip we have booked Mickey's Backyard BBQ -- we've never done it before. We will have our 17 yo, 15 yo and 10 yo w/ us. But, now we're seconding guessing the decision bec it doesn't get great review -- although our kids love BBQ fare -- and bec of it being outside.
    Should we keep the ressie?

Or change to Raglan Raglan Road, Paradiso37 , or Crossroads? Or any other recommendation?

2. ibcrazie4dizney

ibcrazie4dizney Mouseketeer

I have never done the bbq but have wanted to try it. I would keep it. every trip I plan atleast one thing new. some we like more than others, but always glad we tried. so even if it gets a few bad, I am sure they have gotten some good reviews too. I hope if you go, you have a great time.

3. juliebug1997

juliebug1997 DIS Veteran

We were going to go to this once and I decided to cancel because it was not a true meet and greet at the meal. It is more of a character experience. My understanding is that it's more of a dance party. It being outside would not be a deterrent for us.

Have you been to Hoop Dee Doo? I would give that a try. Also, we haven't tried it, but I've read a lot of good things about the Trail's End buffet that's at Fort Wilderness.

4. shan23877

shan23877 I make lists about my lists

Unless your kids are really into the characters, I would switch to the Hoop Dee Doo. You'll get ribs, fried chicken, etc and a really fun and funny show in a rustic atmosphere. To me the BBQ skews a little younger and the food seems to be pretty basic picnic fare for the 2 credits.