Help: torn between AOA and Port Orleans Riverside

AmyMTWD

Earning My Ears
We were all set to book a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside, and then Art of Animation opened ahead of schedule and became an option. Our group will be my husband, me, our daughter (3-1/2 when we go in November), and my mother (60-ish). My only concern about AOA is the noise issue I've heard about at other value resorts, and possibly the smaller rooms. (My daughter still naps, so we'll be returning to the room midday--we won't be in the parks all day every day.) Love the theming, love the pool, love the food court at AOA. (We would be in the Little Mermaid standard rooms, not the family suites.) My husband and I stayed at POR years ago and enjoyed it, but AOA looks awfully tempting. Thoughts? Thanks!

We were all set to book a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside, and then Art of Animation opened ahead of schedule and became an option. Our group will be my husband, me, our daughter (3-1/2 when we go in November), and my mother (60-ish). My only concern about AOA is the noise issue I've heard about at other value resorts, and possibly the smaller rooms. (My daughter still naps, so we'll be returning to the room midday--we won't be in the parks all day every day.) Love the theming, love the pool, love the food court at AOA. (We would be in the Little Mermaid standard rooms, not the family suites.) My husband and I stayed at POR years ago and enjoyed it, but AOA looks awfully tempting. Thoughts? Thanks!

Thats a tough one. i've been to POR so i know just how gorgeous it is. I love that resort!

Have you seen the resort map of AoA?? The mermaid rooms are NOT going to be close at all. its the furthest building. The suites are closest to the main building. Totally not fair, but whatever. lol. Anyway, its quite a hike. im wondering about your mom, will she be able to handle the hike? Lol.

Thats a tough decision, cause AoA looks wonderful.

Re: noise. Unless your facing the pool, i wouldnt worry. Ive never had issues with noise at values. And we've stayed at a good number of values!

Im sorry i'd have a tough time with this one too. Part of me wants to tell you to try something new, since you've done POR before. If the distance to the room isnt an issue, i'd go with AoA.

Here is the AoA map: http://blog.silive.com/goofy_about_disney/2011/08/disney_to_draw_on_its_animation_experience.html

I think it all depends on what you are looking for -- there's really no right or wrong answer.

If you would like privacy for the third adult and have two bathrooms for convenience, then the AoA sounds like it would be a good fit. You could do either two LM rooms, or one family suite. The family suite also has a mini-kitchen with a refrigerator and a microwave, so there is a convenience factor there that is appealing to some people.

If you are all comfortable staying together in a single room and sharing a bathroom is not problematic, then POR is a good option. It has a pool slide, more lush landscaping and a sit down restaurant. If you are looking more at amenities that are available, this resort would likely appeal to you.

It all comes down to you and what you are looking for in a vacation. Whatever feels right for your family is the perfect choice -- no matter what favorites other people have.

Good luck with the decision! No matter where you stay, you'll be in Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter